Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I wanna gather your opinions on whether I should do a 6 hour trip with my F right after the break in period which is 680 miles... Very confused to be honest and i might need to do it earlier as well... Please tell me what you think of that. Thanks :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
i drove my f from new york 2 montreal 11 hour trip with olny 600 mlies on the od.its was a blast .i never went over 100 miles an hour [wife n kid in car].from what my dealer told me the car is broke in before u buy it! so go 4 it!

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
631 miles is the magic number. Long distance trips in the F are fun! Especially when it cuts off a lot of time from your trip. ;)

·
Registered
203 Posts
631 miles is the magic number. Long distance trips in the F are fun! Especially when it cuts off a lot of time from your trip. ;)
What's the cuts off about? Is there a thread that explains this further?

Do tell....

·
Registered
97 Posts
i think he meant excessive speed....

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
You are fine doing the trip. If you are worried about break in, just make sure you vary RPM and load...you should not worry so much ;)

Fig

·
Registered
128 Posts
Shut Up & Drive...... Sorry I mean speed Up then shut Up... Drive your IS-F as the design Engineers designed it... PLZ.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I made a 200 mile trip with only 500 on the od. Great long distance car :cool:

Do tell....
He means that driving fast will cut off some of your time :)

·
Registered
109 Posts

Do tell....
Or you can accelerate the car to the cut off point, hahaha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts