Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I also did much research, and came to a different conclusion than you did. I was trying to match the OD of the stock tires as close as I could. On my stock wheels I have mounted 245/35/19 front and 285/30/19 rear. I considered the RE050A Pole Positions, they would have been my second choice. But I went with the Continental Extreme Contact DW tire. The rears fit fine, IMO. I see no tire bulge. I'm extremely happy with the improved handling and traction I have achieved with this change.

Edit - Added a third pict of the rear tire this AM.

Lou

Attachments

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
You may think the rears fit fine, but there is a reason every tire manufacturer's spec for that size tire is a 9.5" -10.5" rim. Staying within the approved rim width range helps assure that the tire's internal stresses are within its design parameters.
I know the tire fits fine. The tire side wall is not bulged and 100% the tread of the tire is firmly planted on the ground. I would not go with a larger cross section, however. Go to this site and try my combo. 285/30/19 is the widest size they recommend for a 9" wheel. I had the same trepidations as you until I did my research. When I was younger I managed a tire store and learned a lot about tires, wheels and fitments.

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

EDIT - One thing I forgot to mention last night is that it is never recommended that you replace a tire with one with less load carrying capacity. The front tires (235/35/19) ea. have 77 lbs. (5%) less load carrying capacity then the tires they they replaced. The rear tires you used have exactly the same load carrying capacity as the old ones.

Lou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.