Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

My first impressions

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  henry zzzz 
I also agree with pretty much everything, pro and con, that you listed. I sat inside a BMW 135 a couple of days ago and longed for its steering wheel. My GTI's steering wheel was far superior as well. The Lexus is too thin, too slippery and worst of all, too hard on the hands.

I would only add that there needs to be an option for a true manual 6-speed tranny. It's simply a more involving driving experience when one is racing through the gears the old fashioned way.

tomsterf u got that right, in my opinion the manual is old fasion,before the f my last 3cars were stick and theres no way to shift that fast with a stick ,on the track or street im a much more competive driver im never going back to stick!
Not sure if you got the intent of my post. In it, I longed for the option of shifting the "old fashioned" way. As I'm never gonna take this car to the race track and as I will infrequently endanger fellow commuters by racing some 18 year old down a crowded highway, I would rather have the ability to shift manually. You can call the ISF tranny a true manual but it simply isn't . Tapping a wheel lever is about as automatic a thing as one can do so you might as well just leave the thing in automatic anyway. Give me a foot clutch and shift stick and let me downshift and accelerate into corners while delicately balancing it sliding into and out of gear with my foot. Now THAT'S driver interaction with his car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.