Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LexusF.com Moderator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pictures I took earlier today of my winter setup. The tires are Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25's. Size is 225-40-19's all around and have no clearance problems whatsoever. Ordered from Tire Rack and they shipped everything I needed. Figured I'd post this for people who will need to get these soon because of snow.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Looking good! Nice winter setup. I guess the pics aren't to bad either :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
I dont know, maybe if I had no other car than I can understand but I wouldn't drive my "F" in the snow.Snow's for trucks not cars especially a sports car!! Hey Nigel you've got the snow as an excuse,but I'm not crazy about the rims, your "F" looks like a regular IS

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I dont know, maybe if I had no other car than I can understand but I wouldn't drive my "F" in the snow.Snow's for trucks not cars especially a sports car!! Hey Nigel you've got the snow as an excuse,but I'm not crazy about the rims, your "F" looks like a regular IS
Nigel? his name is nick i believe unless im wrong other wise, but anyway i think thats pretty nice, but this winter we are suppose to get a good amount of snow, so i dont know i maybe just get snow tires as well but cover it up and everything, but overall very nice set up!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great Nick!

If you move to Portland, you won't have to worry about the snow too often! :) The rain, however.......

I really like those rims for your snows. Good choice. How much did they run you?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks good dude,

I was looking at the same ones on tire rack... Which offsets did you end up going with?

I believe there was a 38mm and 45mm for the front, and only 45mm for the rear... ?

·
LexusF.com Moderator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes to answer another question on the post, my name is Nick. But no I don't plan on driving this car on the snow when it snows. I bought these tires just in case I was out and it happened to snow in the evening. Weather is unpredictable sometimes. I do have another car I can drive when it REALLY snows. Last thing I want to do is wreck a $60,000+ car.

About the looks of the wheel, I'm not crazy about it, but it's not bad for a temporary solution. I've seen other cars (non IS-F of course) that just run steel wheels and snows. The cost was not too bad at Tire Rack either. Total with wheels, tires, mounting and balancing it came to somewhere around $2100.

Perhaps I'll just move to Portland and deal with rain instead :) I love it out there! I'll have to plan another trip back over there. My 1 week there wasn't enough.

The pictures are for everyone to see what the wheel combo looks like on an IS-F in case anyone else was interested in getting a snow setup. Sometimes pictures that show up on Tire Rack's wheel configurator isn't what it really is in person. With me liking to take photos, I figured I'd share the setup with you. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes to answer another question on the post, my name is Nick. But no I don't plan on driving this car on the snow when it snows. I bought these tires just in case I was out and it happened to snow in the evening. Weather is unpredictable sometimes. I do have another car I can drive when it REALLY snows. Last thing I want to do is wreck a $60,000+ car.

About the looks of the wheel, I'm not crazy about it, but it's not bad for a temporary solution. I've seen other cars (non IS-F of course) that just run steel wheels and snows. The cost was not too bad at Tire Rack either. Total with wheels, tires, mounting and balancing it came to somewhere around $2100.

Perhaps I'll just move to Portland and deal with rain instead :) I love it out there! I'll have to plan another trip back over there. My 1 week there wasn't enough.

The pictures are for everyone to see what the wheel combo looks like on an IS-F in case anyone else was interested in getting a snow setup. Sometimes pictures that show up on Tire Rack's wheel configurator isn't what it really is in person. With me liking to take photos, I figured I'd share the setup with you. Thanks everyone!
It's an awesome setup, Nick, and for $2100, I'm going to grab a set myself if/when I move a little higher up in the hills. Right now, living in downtown, it only snows about once a year, and we have such a good streetcar system that you don't really even need a car. Out in some of the burbs, though, it's definitely good to have stickies on there as that rain turns to snow a lot more frequently.

Let me know when you are headed back out here!

·
Registered
411 Posts
One Question?! How often do you wax your car? Or is it just the really good camera? B/c your car really shines like right out of the showroom..Mine is almost as good but yours really shines..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm going to say that it's the photographer, not the camera.
Not that a camera doesn't help, but I'm betting Nick could take some great shots with my point and shoot.

·
LexusF.com Moderator
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm going to say that it's the photographer, not the camera.
Not that a camera doesn't help, but I'm betting Nick could take some great shots with my point and shoot.
Thanks tf103chl, I appreciate the compliments. Certainly the camera helps, but finding the right lighting is always critical. Taking shots in the prime of a sunny day is one of the worst times to take photos for me. I prefer either early morning or evening. If the light is too strong during the day it can wash out the car and make pictures look really imbalanced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts