Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

My battery died!

8K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  pat.ross 
#1 ·
So, I was sitting in the garage, getting familiar with my new F. Checking out the Nav and had some music going on in the background. And somewhere between 5 and 10 minutes, the music stop. I was like, WTF! So I open the garage door, and start her up, and nothing!! Seriously, it dies that fast!!

So I managed to roll her out of the garage, and boosted it with my wife's SUV. Started up fine, and great, now I have another excuse to go for a spin. Drove around for about 30 minutes. Stopped it and left it for about 10 minutes. Got back in and started up fine.

Is that normal? under 10 minutes with the accessories on will kill the battery? I am wondering if the battery is weak? This is a new left over 2008, so the car has done more sitting than driving for a while. I am thinking I need to go back to my dealer and request a new battery? What do you guys think?

#3 ·
When it was not starting is one up from the bottom I think. Or maybe at the bottom. And now after the drive it is mid way. I also noticed that when I start it, the level drops one spot and bounces back to the middle.

I assume they can test the battery and see if it is garage? Or is it one of those things where you can't measure if it can hold a charge or not?

#4 ·
Have the battery load tested to see if there's a dead cell. It's possible your F's battery is defective or it's possible the car has been sitting for some time and it hasn't charged properly overtime....especially if it sat at the dealership lot for a few months.

#7 ·
Weird!! I sat in the parking lot for 30 minutes listening music waiting on a friend and nothing happened!! Definitely take the car to the dealer and haggle..
As for Batter level, I ALWAYS warm up at least 2-3 minutes before taking off whether it's warm outside or cold(Cold weather, I press on the pedal for a sec)..

#12 ·
They tested it and said it was fine. I said I am not happy with it and insisted I get a new battery. So they poped in a new one. All is good!

#13 ·
I ran mine down once. I was outside polishing the car and was listening to a book on disc. Since the lights were on automatic, the headlights were on the whole time I am polishing the car and listening to the book.

Now I make sure that the lights are on "off" not auto when I do this.

Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.