Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I ordered a set of Continental Extreme DW - 245/35/19 for the Front and 285/30/19 for the back. These were supposed to have a three month waiting period. To make a long story short, my Tire Dealer (Discount Tire) worked a miracle, and they are coming in tomorrow. My stock PS2s currently have less than 14K miles on them (mostly highway) and still have a lot of tread left. If anyone is interested, PM me. I can post pics if there is interest. Does $100.00 each sound fair?

Note - For pickup only in Southern Arizona.

Lou

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Are you mounting those on the stock rims? I'm curious to see how 285 do, since they are not recommended for a 9 inch rim. I have the DWSs right now. I may go the the DWs if I get another set of tires...better dry grip than the DWSs, good price, good longevity...good value overall.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^Yep, I'm mounting them on my stock wheels. I know 285s aren't recommended for 9" wheels, but I'm betting they will fit. Fig mounted 305 PS2s on a 10" wheel and it worked out fine. I'm believing I'll have the same luck. There is also this site that says it should fit:

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Lou

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^^Stock ISF sizes - 225/40/19 and 255/35/19. I'm in Casa Grande - Sort of midway between Phoenix and Tucson.

Lou

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'd also like some tread pics when you get them off. If they are decent, I might make a road trip and take them off your hands.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can you provide some tread measurements that are left on each tire or put some white out/marker on the tire wear bars and take a picture at an angle that I can see how much life is left. The first picture is a good angle and would be perfect if the tire were clean and the wear bar was visible on the top so it can be viewed with the tread depth. How do the PS2s get near the end of their life? I hate road noise given off by worn tires and some are better that others when near the end. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts