Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Michelin PS2 tread direction. Possible factory error???

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  BigMikeISF 
#1 ·
Tonight I pulled of my winter set-up to install the factory wheels with factory installed tires.

While checking to make sure I am installing each tire on the correct side I noted the tire sidewalls clearly designate that one side of the tire is the "outside", and has a thicker set of outer tread blocks that arc in one particular direction when mounted on the driver side tires. However, when the other set of tires is mounted on the passenger side tires and the "outside" label is oriented correctly, the thicker tread blocks remain on the outside edge of the tire but the tread blocks arch or arc in the opposite direction than those on the other side of the car. This does not make sense to me as I would have thought the tread was to curved in a particular direction to expell water.

Has the dealer/factory screwed up and installed two of the same direction tires ? I checked the front and the same situation exists. I would have thought there was specific left side and right side tire pattern manufactured making left and right unique.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.