Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im in naples driving home when in my rearview I see a z06 and camaro both black run up on me. We are on a 3 lane hwy and we are each in one lane. Im in the middle. I look at the vet and then the camaro and then we hit it. We are at 120 when the vet lets out a fighter jet wine and takes out like megatron in transformers 1. Im like wtf damn he dusted me. I look for the camaro and he is no were to be found. We ran out of site on him. The vett slows down gives me a thumbs up and pulls off on the exit. Amazing!

·
Registered
124 Posts
new camaro or old? V8 or V6 (did it have dual exhausts?)

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a buddy with an SS that wants to run. Should go a good race. Power, weight, 0-60, all look similar. I should be going to the track soon to get baseline times for my F and see who wins between us.

·
Registered
124 Posts
He's got a cat-back. He's has a manual though and has never been to the track with it. It should be a good one. Thinking we are going on Wed. June 9th so I'll report back with the results.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yeah I know of a case where on rolling start the Z06 dusted off a Murcielago. Hard to beat the Z06 if bang for the buck is what you're looking for.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The IS-F is definitely faster than the new camaro SS. I already raced him and give him over 3 cars length.
Good to know. Was this from a stop or roll? Both cars stock?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It was from about 50mph my car was stock... only had a joe z intake tube and a tom's drop in and i guess the camaro was stock too as it was still relatively newly released.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It was from about 50mph my car was stock... only had a joe z intake tube and a tom's drop in and i guess the camaro was stock too as it was still relatively newly released.
Cool. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
377 Posts
The Camaro is fair game.

Forget the Z06, that car weighs 3100 lbs, has a 427, very tall gears and great aerodynamics.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well just to follow-up. I went to the track and ran a new camaro ss and a c5z06. I took the carmaro by about 5 car lengths at the end of the track and the c5z06 by around .5 car. c5z06 had an intake and lightweight flywheel. Here's the vid:

·
Registered
294 Posts
You should be able to beat all of the zo6's stock except for the newest one. There is one that is always by the bar by me and he saw my F the other day and gave me a thumbs up. I wanna run him to see how close I am to him with headers!!! He shouldn't have me by much

1 - 18 of 18 Posts