Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Honestly, if you are buying these types of cars, money is not a concern. It's the fact that I do not WANT TO MAKE TRIPS TO THE DEALERSHIP UNLESS ITS FOR STANDARD MAINTENANCE. I know too many BMW owners that spend far too much time at their dealership. I've read from several sources that the M3 transmission loses it's luster as miles are put on, and it almost becomes "hesitant" when accelerating. We all know BMW's electronics are horrendous, their interior doesn't really do much, and the M3 marginally handles better than the IS-F. You can easily slap on a chip on a 335 or an M3 and outperform an IS-F, so if that 1 in 10000 chance of running into a chipped M3/335 concerns you, then by all means, buy a BMW. They are both easily improved engines though... I guess if you live on a track this matters, but I use my IS-F daily and tenths of a second performance has no impact on me. Neither does driving like a douchebag and trying to race every person at a stoplight. I haven't been to the dealership for anything aside from standard maint... Meanwhile my business partners driving around in 750s and 745s are always complaining about the maintenance... I also believe the M3 lacks personality and the styling is incredibly dull.

Plus... In Chicago, BMWs don't get me VIP parking at sporting events. I thoroughly enjoy the convenient parking in the Lexus only section when attending a Bulls game. If I bought the M3 I'd be parking with the rest of the steerage.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats on the incoming!!!

I actually considered the E92 M3 and the ISF. What did it for me was the reliability and warranty factors that Lexus offers. Plus Lexus offers loaner vehicles while your car is in for service. BMW may have free maintenance but you will have to pay for the loan car if needed. Plus being in and out of dealership service deparments for work, I see too many new BMW in service departments with their engine, trans or wiring looms pulled out due to warranty issues. Don't get me wrong, I think the E92 M3 is a fantastic car...especially in a driving sense. However common sense tells me the Lexus will be reliable in it's lifetime in comparison to it's Euro counterparts.
Lexus V8s are bullet proof. That's why you see old LS430s with 150k miles on them still selling for 15k... And SC400s from 14 years ago still selling for 8-10 grand usually with over 100k miles... I'm still amazed to this day that my SC400 is SO SMOOTH... 15 years old with 70k miles now and the leather is perfect(it's a little bit harder but not cracked) and every original electronic function is still working, except the air conditioner went out once, and one of the Nakimichi amps needed a quick repair... Treat a Lexus right and you'll see 200k miles easily.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.