Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two part question:

1.) Does anyone know what specific product Lexus recommends for cleaning and maintaining their leather? (I seem to remember seeing Lexol products displayed at the dealerships).

2.) If Lexol is not the best product for maintaining this leather, can you recommend any other products?

Thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use Zaino on all my cars and I've always had good luck, plus the leather oils make the car smell amazing afterwards

·
Registered
222 Posts
While on the topic whats the best way to clean the perforated leather that will get into the little holes?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just apply really lightly over perforations, applying the gel to the foam/towel, and working it in the towel before applying directly to the seat.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Two part question:

1.) Does anyone know what specific product Lexus recommends for cleaning and maintaining their leather? (I seem to remember seeing Lexol products displayed at the dealerships).

2.) If Lexol is not the best product for maintaining this leather, can you recommend any other products?

Thanks.

I like the Sonus Leather kit, been using it for years on cars I detailed.

Most of the products you'll find are:

1. Have UV protection.

2. Ph balanced.

It really comes down to what scent you like, pricing etc.

Wolfgang (German stuff) is another great product family.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
I use Meguiars Gold Class on my ISF leather. The Lexus leather conditioner you can find at your Lexus parts department is a little pricey, but good stuff as well!

·
Registered
55 Posts
can anyone recommend a leather conditioner that doesn't have a shiny finish? I like the matte look on my leather. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I apply Meguiars Gold Class conditioner, have 35% tints, and always put a windshield sunblocker thing up. I've had the car for a year, and in two summers in the sun the drivers seat is starting to see some tiny wrinkles :( The rest of the seats are like brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts