Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone that has the K&N noticed that after a while, the sound of wide open throttle becomes quieter? i'm pretty sure i'm not crazy, but i dont think its as loud as it was when i first installed it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i unplugged the battery, then reconnected it. drove for a bit, then let er have it. i think its louder again.....some people should try this and see what they think...

·
Registered
25 Posts
i unplugged the battery, then reconnected it. drove for a bit, then let er have it. i think its louder again.....some people should try this and see what they think...
Could it be that in disconnecting the battery you caused the ECU to re-map itself? Don't know just trowing out a theory. Once I put on the JOE Z exhaust I could not tell if the K&N was still under the hood,,,,,everything is just loader now.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your filter. It probably needs to be cleaned.
your probably so far from correct you should just delete that post. i've only put on 4000km with the k&n, and your telling me, after that my filter is dirty. on top of that, when i made this thread, it was after around 200km that it started to get quieter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I seem to be in the same boat. I think it is the combination of both. I think it is calmer then when I first put it on also. I still think it is loud though, just have to put the pedal to the floor to remind myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
high im a new member to the club. I first off want to say greetings to ever1. I bought my isF last year in march 2009. It was an easier decision for me when i was able drive the beast for the first time. I compared it to the m3, the C63 and the rs4 and in the end i thought i made the best decision.
Im currently thinking about my first performance upgrade so if there is any1 out there that can guide me through the way i would gladly appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts