Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will be ordering one of these definitely , (especially for that price) -- Since this is a CAI, i'm assuming it should pick up at least 10 ponies. K&N , show there numbers to be a lot higher, however the conditions and variables are night and day compared to the temperatures I will be testing this intake in. -- We always use a fan (small) and keep the hood open on all runs, and the proper cool down periods will be observed to keep everything in-line and not to get erratic readings... -- (basically 3 runs, same gear, with an 8-9 min cool down in between runs) , etc. -- the only way to truly know you're getting the ponies is to ensure you control the other "variables" (temp, humidity, altitude,) -- etc. --- I'm not going to "bung" hole the headers, but have an exhaust gauge that will read the A/F ratio on each run as well. --- This K&N looks very nice, clean and excited to test it; as well as testing the or using the JOEZ intake tube with a drop in filter. -- The reason most put the fans on the engine (besides "trying" to help keep it cool), is to replicate airflow coming into the front dam' , as when you're driving and picking up speed, obviously you're forcing more air into the vehicle. Hence the fan comes in to picture.. << I will be able to come with the results or numbers
(rwhp) give or take +/- 2-3 rwhp....(all tested on a Mustang Dyno w/ load)< I have used a DynoJet, etc, but found putting on the load and weight actually gives me a better idea of actually how much hp you're putting down (at the rear). If anyone has already tested, please shed some light... There always will be pro's / con's & also just people who have never strayed away from a product, but I'm extremely open minded and don't favor a particular product b/c of name. >> "we all", want to make more hp for the F.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.