Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got a used 2010 IS-F from a BMW dealership with around 7000 miles on it. Looked pristine and pretty much new with a good amount of tire tread and brake pads left. However having a couple of issues that I don't really know are issues, but wanted to see what you guys thought.

1. I didn't think much of it when I bought it and kind of thought the car came so low stock, but I think the previous owner had the car lowered? Scraped the bumper a couple of times, once in a drive way and once in a moderate dip in the road. Didn't think much of it, just thought I had to be more careful, but recently took it on some windy mountain stretches of highway 1 and took a moderate downhill turn kind of aggressively and I thought i heard the front tires scraping or rubbing? Clearance between front wheels and fender are around 1 inch. Attached some pictures, do you guys think it was lowered? If so, how do I get it raised, how much will it cost and any warranty issues?

2. Squeaky breaks. They are fine on highways or moderate pressure, but quite loud and squeaky when coming to stops in slow city traffic or pulling in/out of my garage. Front have probably 1+ cm left, back pads have about 2cm. Is this normal?

3. Had a warning buzzer go off for about 1-2 seconds during some spirited driving on highway 1, was taking a tight turn with some speed. Couldn't catch the exact warning light that went off, but seemed to be in the right cluster, maybe tire pressure or power steering? The manual said that some warnings and buzzers could temporarily go off, but if they don't stay on, they are not an issue? Anyone else experience this?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
It looks lowered to me.

The squeaky brakes are an issue that some folks have had. There is a TSB somewhere on this issue. I think it has something to do with improper bedding of the brakes.

Brake wear is also something some folks have had issues with. I'm approaching 20K on mine, and still have pad left.

A scan tool is a good investment for finding out what codes have been thrown.

Lou

·
Registered
141 Posts
That looks a little lower than stock to me...also the previous owner might have put on even higher performance brakes which could make it louder. Also the warning light was probably the traction control system makeing sure you didn't flip over :) I do it all the time in sports mode, especially on wet roads, the ISF is great at correcting a fish tail

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@JonJon, I have seen the traction control warning light on, but this time there was a buzzer to go along with it, I don't think traction control has a warning buzzer right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Actually I think VSC warning light comes with a buzzer. Also did some googling, think the car was lowered with Eibach springs since the front springs are black. Teins are gold and stocks are I think, but not quite sure, blue? Think these are the only 2 sets on the market right? The only markings I see on them are "62.200.14" which does not match any product numbers so not sure...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Missed a 0 on the spring markings, actually "62.200.014" which seems to indicate the stock springs got replaced with Megan Coilovers, more specifically I think they are, MEGAN COILOVERS STREET LP IS-F. They seem pretty cheap, less than $1,000 online compared to the other coilovers I have seen and Megan seems like a "budget" brand, but I could be wrong.

Anyone know more about them, can't seem to find anyone online who have installed them on an IS-F, some people with normal ISs have them. Kinda worried they are worse/less reliable than the stock ones and kinda pissed the dealer said nothing when selling the car...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would bring that up with the dealer if they didn't disclose that, they should put the stocks on for you, unacceptable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually got under the car this time (should have done this from the start, but kind of hard living in the city) and they are actually BC Racing coilovers that many on the forum have installed. So I guess I lucked out with some nice free coilovers the dealer didn't know were installed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Right on, hopefully it won't be too difficult to raise them a bit...although personally I'd take it back and get some nice new stocks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
u will need the 2 perch that should come with the coilovers to adjust. if you don't have it i'm sure there is another way around it but check with the vendors as they should know. u are lucky to get bc racing. the only thing is that u should make sure its the ISF version with stiffer spring rates instead of the 2IS bc racing coilovers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Does not sound like BMW of Concord knows how to inspect and document used cars, or maybe they just lazy or both......

2. The brembo brakes can get noisey, it's their nature. TSB or not TSB, I don't think Lexus will be able to change that. Back when Infiniti had those on their G35's, people complained and Infiniti ditched the Brembo brakes on that model car. I had the same brakes on my WRX STi, and they did squeel here and there, but when you needed to STOP or slow down, they got the job done.

You could go with a different pad if you like, like the Hawk ceramic, but you'll be sacraficing how hard the pad will bite and how well the car will stop in favor of less dust and less noise.

3. Sorry, don't have my F yet, can't comment on that. I would call the Service Department and ask.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts