21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
That is definitely debatable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, Ford is back and charging and Toyota is standing still hoping to hold onto its market share. Don't get me wrong, I love the product, but Ford is no longer that far behind in recent polls or quality ratings. Domestic, aftermarket support, cheaper maintenance and definitely cheaper to buy. Hell, I even think the taurus and fusion are winners. If only their service departments weren't such [email protected] (I've never had one good experience with a domestic service department) and that is were Lexus and Infiniti know how to do things right.

BTW, there is already video out there of the 11 GT running a high 11 with drag radials, aftermarket cat-back and cold air intake only. Yet to see the ISF pull that one off.

I'm not bias towards one or the other, I can just appreciate other cars that can do it as good or better for less. But I apologize for side tracking the OPs thread and wish him the best on what ever decision he arrives at and I won't inject again. The IS-F is a fine car no matter how it comes.

·
Registered
149 Posts
A Ford is still a Ford. It's not a luxury lineup and it's certainly not in the league of Lexus, however it's clear that they have stepped up their game. They still have a cheap interior, a cheap feel, and are nowhere near as luxurious as a Lexus - the Taurus SHO being the exception.

I test drove a used 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid, it is the exact opposite of a solid ride, and the steering wheel paint already faded off from where the previous driver kept his / her hands, and the paint on the trim was already wearing off in areas.

The new 5.0 is fast and can potentially be faster, but is nowhere in the league of the IS-F in terms of the overall ride.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I gotcha now.

I have not heard of anyone ordering a base model before. Like I said before, I've only seen the one on Ebay.

Doug...do you have any experience with this?
We have not sold 1 base IS-F. I remember a dealer who brought in a bare bones 08' in 08' that sat and sat and sat, even through the trunk money they offered it still sat. I'm not sure what happened to it. I guess if you were going to make a full blown dedicated track car out of it, it might be worth having. I did check the local region recently to see if they are any base F's and found none. You can order one without the typically desired equipment, but it may become a pink elephant down the road.:cool:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.