Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stock wheels on my 2008 ISF are corroding on the inside of the rim. The problem is worse on the front wheels and I suspect the brake dust is attacking the rim. Has anyone else seen this problem and talked to Lexus about warranty wheel replacement.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I believe there was a member on club lexus that had that issue and eventually got them replaced. Not sure what his SN was though.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here's the deal, you can try your local Lexus dealer, complain, but most likely you won't get anywhere. The metal pads are a terrible mix with the wheels and the brake dust likes to wedge itself in the corners.

You can get the wheels refinished, and you can switch to ceramic brake pads. I'm using the hawk ceramic pads and the braking bite is less than half of what it used to be, but it's more than enough for daily driving.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yikes, i'm buying a '08 this week,i hope it doesn't have this issue...I'm having it shipped sight unseen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lexus has agreed to replace the two front wheels under warranty. Lexus is also providing a special cleaner and sealer to prevent or slow a reoccurrence. My dealer was very accommodating.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can someone post pics? I want to see exactly what you're talking about and check my car tomorrow...Thanks!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lexus has agreed to replace the two front wheels under warranty. Lexus is also providing a special cleaner and sealer to prevent or slow a reoccurrence. My dealer was very accommodating.
What is the name of the dealer that is offering this to you? I'm most interested in the "special" cleaner and sealer they are going to provide to you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yea im very interested as well
its probably that armourall wheel protection that was reviewed on here and didnt work
haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
excellent dealer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a new 2010 Lexus ISF, after two months the wheels started to rust, i cleaned them weekly. The dealer took the car, two weeks now, gave me a loaner, and are having the wheels sandblasted and redone, Lexus Of Towson, I should get the car back this week. I purchased new so Lexus is paying for this repair, The issue is dissimiliar metals, between the discs and the wheel,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution to "so called wheel pitting"

If your wheels look like the picture below, check out my detailed thread at clublexus: Since it won't let me post the url search lexus isf so called wheel pitting solution in google.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
hmm I think sand paper will in this problem because the corrosion is too bad and just make the wheel crap... Anyhow you can use a sand paper and some polish which protect it from dust and water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts