Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
I guess i'm on the other side of it. I like the clean look when I lift the hood. I bought the F so I don't look "racey" or "ricey". But to each their own. To add a little to the engine bay I got painted engine cover (white to match my car), billet oil cap with "F" logo on it, and a blue anodized JoeZ intake tube. Those little bit of colors has spruced it up a bit.

Only thing left for me in the engine bay would be to install a supercharger:D.

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
I dont think the s2000 engine bay looks ricey or not clean , i mean shoot, it reminds me of a ferrari engine, which i think looks awesome, granted thats a little different, but just thought if you take that s2000 pic up there, added another valve cover opposing that one, and a good lookin manifold it would look awesome, so when i pop the hood people go "damn", not " wow, a lot of plastic, cant even see anything" which has happened to me numerous times, when people want to see the engine in this beast.
I get ya. There is something to be said for a nice looking engine. It is part of the package. I guess it came down to looks or function, and the engineers went with function. There sure isn't much room under that hood though. I bet if the demand is out there someone will come up with more aftermarket stuff for us to be able to show off the engine better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.