Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

IS-F still viable?

9K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Barathon 
How is the IS F selling? Not many were sold in Colorado, but it's sold out. I understand it's going to be available special order only, at one of the Lexus dealers here.
Where did you hear that?? I just bought one last week. The reason they do not sell very well here is because even people who live here and know we only get 5-10 days of bad roads per year are afraid of buying a RWD car. Infiniti always had the same issue with the M45s until they introduced an AWD in 2008.

Before I bought my IS-F, I was told that another dealer was expecting one in. They are around; you just need to be patient.

For what it's worth, after a week of ownership, I have to say I enjoy the suspension (love feeling the roads), don't need the backseat but appreciate this not being a 2-door for insurance purposes, and have not noticed any "awkward" appearances from any angles (but that one is highly subjective; if you don't like the way the car looks, that's your prerogative).

Hopefully the Lexus dealerships here will not disappoint me (so far so good) -- I am sure they won't because I have two other options all just as convenient -- and I am happy to tell them that.

I did not have the time or the patience to test drive many other performance cars, but I love almost everything about the IS-F, and at the price I paid, I cannot imagine anything else that would have made me happier.

Kuni Lexus on S. Broadway told me that. I'm sorry I forget the salesman's name. I'm guessing you purchased a white or black IS F from them, based on when you purchased.

I did buy one by the way, the smokey granite mica from the showroom floor at Stevenson.

BTW, I see a different thing going in regards to the BMW M3, plentiful supply steeply discounted, even listing $10k off MSRP right on the dealer internet websites, in Colorado. I was deeply considering one.

But as a performance note on the M3's lighter weight, some things I remember, no spare tire, no tool kit, no first aid kit, minor nits unless you're tire is flat or you're bleeding.

Also for such a stunningly beautiful design as the BMW, it really has a second rate paint application, orange peel galore. There is no comparison to the mirror like finish on the Lexus.
Yup I bought at Kuni last Tuesday (2/17). I guess they would not have had any reason to tell me anything since I was buying one. I did not expect to buy it but got a great deal and couldn't pass it up.

Have you found a local track yet?

EDIT: I have always likes BMW's styling and performance, but I cannot stand the driver demographic and did not want to be part of it. Just a personal opinion I have had since I lived in Chicago.

My track days are over. I spent days peg-scratching two wheelers at Second Creek Raceway when it was open, and 1/4 miles at Bandimere. The trophy girls don't wait for me anymore.

You might contact Pueblo Motorsports Park. They have a 2.2 mile road course.
Thanks for the tips. I am not sure I'll care for the track, but I figure I have to try it since I own an IS-F. Have you heard anything about GO 4 IT Racing Schools in Louisville? They use the High Plains Raceway, 17 miles east of Byers. $800 for a day-long lesson, and that is without any negotiation (I am sure they are hard up for business these days).

Sorry, did not mean to hijack this thread...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.