Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just made aware of the following service bulletin (L-SB-0072-09)issued by Lexus to address the vibration of the internal review mirror.

Question 1: For anyone that received this replacement, was it worth the time to get it done and did it really fix the problem?

Question 2: Are there any other known service bulletins for the IS-F that are worth getting?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I got my rear view mirror replaced (presumably under the same TSB) and it helps a lot. If I have all of my windows down and sunroof open on the highway, it still vibrates a bit. But nothing like it did with the previous mirror.

The only down side for me is that I liked the home link buttons on the bottom of the mirror better than on the front of the new mirror. I believe there is a thread about this that shows a picture of the new mirror if you are interested.

In my case, it was well worth it. IIRC it was about a $1200 job including parts and labor according to my service advisor. Yikes!

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS F

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
I was just made aware of the following service bulletin (L-SB-0072-09)issued by Lexus to address the vibration of the internal review mirror.

Question 1: For anyone that received this replacement, was it worth the time to get it done and did it really fix the problem?

Question 2: Are there any other known service bulletins for the IS-F that are worth getting?
Here's a link to the thread that shows the pictures. Looks like a bunch of people got it done and are happy with it.

http://www.lexusfforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1792&highlight=mirror

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Definitely worth getting it done if the mirror vibrations are annoying to you. I don't use any of the homelink buttons so I can't speak from that perspective but I do think it was worth getting done. It's free, might as well do it :thumbup:

No other SVB's at this time for the F :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts

Answer 1: YES! I had this mirror replacement done for my 09 and it's much better now. No more vibration.

Answer 2: Unless you are experiencing the problem and your Lexus dealer can replicate it, the other TSIB's for the ISF will not apply.

TSIB's are not free parts replacement day for your car. Their purpose is served to replace defective/non operation parts on your particular ISF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts