Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally installed the Joe Z exhaust on my 2008 ISF and I originally had the intake tube installed so it's the combo now. I was wondering whether I could leave the exhaust system as is and add the factory mufflers in order to reduce the sound. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love it but it will cause probs with the cops around here.
Your suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
434 Posts
It quiets down after a little while. Mine was obnoxious at first now its barely noticeable at normal driving levels. Wide open however is a different story.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so I've heard but the only problem is taking off from a traffic light even if your doing it slowly... will that obnoxious sound be gone at 2k rpm after the break in?
thanks for the info

·
Registered
434 Posts
well its been a while, but at no point do i remember any specific rpm where there was an obnoxious sound, i just remember it generally being loud until it broke it. i would check for leaks, its possible something didnt get tightened up enough, especially at the front connection to the manifolds.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks a lot doublexl. nonetheless i'd like to know if the stock mufflers can be installed on the joe z setup...

·
Registered
32 Posts
you could also measure the ends of the tips and get universal exhaust silencers.. a few members have done that

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the input... Well physically anything can be done with welding etc... but my concern is will it be compatible and will i still have HP gains compared to stock? I will wait till I finish my first 1000 miles and will make a decision then.

08 ISF: Joe Z exhaust, Joe Z intake, Full tints (light shade), Lexon roof spoiler and Eibach springs to be...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts