Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys / Gals... and Congrats to all you Lucky IS-F Owners!!!

This past Saturday we had the pleasure of helping Phillip "CrazyMPG" install his New IS-F Cat Back Exhaust...

I am sure he will be able to give you all some some more feedback on this system that many of you have been waiting for..

We took a bunch of pics and I am posting them up for him..

Update: We did create short exhaust muffler tips that start off at 2.5 inches and flare up to 2.75 inches which are split between the center of the OEM Exhaust Tip / Diffusers.

Also, this is one of the 1st Production Versions installed & the 1st system installed with a little customizing to the face and tips of the mufflers..

Phillip and I actually painted them with a High Heat Flat Black Paint.
This was something he wanted to do, to give the rear muffler faces an OEM look. Simple blue tap, sandpaper and the spray paint is how we did it.
This is a strictly a DIY modification to the exhuast mufflers.
They will come fully mirror polished as shown further below.

Enjoy these Short Videos and Pictures from Saturday...!!

Videos
- click on below thumbnails to see

Outside & Inside Video Links
__

Additional Full Length Videos can be see here from a couple of months ago...

On the Dyno ........... Exterior Drive Video ...... Interior Drive Video
___ ___

Pictures

Full OEM Exhaust System

OEM Front-Mid Pipe comparo to PTS Front and Mid Pipe Sections - One large Resonator compared to Dual Resonators

OEM Rear Axle Section comparo to PTS True Dual Axle Sections

PTS Rear Axle Muffler Section with 2.75 inch Tip

PTS Rear Axle Muffler Section with DIY Flat Black Muffler Face

Installed on the IS-F Pictures

PTS Front Section Installed with Integrated X-Pipe

PTS Mid Section Installed with Dual Resonators

PTS Rear Axle Muffler Sections Installed (Fully Polished)

Misc. Pictures during install process

Thank You and Enjoy!!!!

Joe Z =)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, we used a Lexus / Toyota O2 Sensor removal tool. Which went very smoothly and looked exactly like the one pictured below...

VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE OEM EXHAUST FULLY COOLED DOWN BEFORE STARTING THE REMOVAL OF THE O2 SENSORS
-THIS WILL HELP PREVENT STRIPING OF THE SENSOR THREADS

There are a few different brands out there with a similar design that will work the same exact way.

This is not your typical DIY install.. but if your handy with WD-40,a couple of wrenches and 4 jack stands, then you should be good....

If NOT, I STRONGLY recommend an experienced Technician at a 3rd party shop to do the install..

Having the car on a lift, high in the air, makes a world of a difference..

Joe Z :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beautiful. sounds good looks good. is it smog legal?
Thank You !!

Lots of hard work and R&D went into perfecting and delivering an exhaust that can carry a Luxury & Performance feeling as you want it.

Unfortunately, a system like this can not carry a certification where it can be deemed technically Smog Legal. Mainly due to the fact that just about the enitre OEM exhaust system has been replaced.
This does carry a disclaimer of "For Off Road Use Only" ;)

Most states I believe do not require a Smog check for the first 5 years for new cars..
We have a pretty good feeling, it should pass the sniffer test when come do. But if it doesn't, it should be a pretty routine swap back to stock when testing day comes around.

Joe Z

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Just to elaborate a little on what Joe Z has said. Our cars have two cats on each side. With this exhaust system, as well as any others I have seen, it removes the secondary catalytic converter from each side. The 02 sensors are located in front and behind the main cat, so the electronics wont know the secondary cat is gone. As Joe Z has said, IMO, the car should easily pass the sniffer test. Also, IMHO, this is a beautiful system. The best of the breed, if you will.

Lou

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Every time I watch those videos I get excited about ordering mine. Sounds and looks great as well as it is an easy install, great job Joe-Z :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
beautiful. sounds good looks good. is it smog legal?
I'm sure there are plenty of places you can find that will "pass" your car for you... may cost a little extra but shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm sure there are plenty of places you can find that will "pass" your car for you... may cost a little extra but shouldn't be too hard to find.
I will be looking to find a Smog Test only station here in So Cal, that will run a basic sniffer test for us to see how it does here and if remains in the "passing" field. CA has the strictest smog testing parameters.

Joe Z :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Installed on my car sounds great kudos to Joe. Royal Muffler created a one off for a customer there is a video in youtube, sounds nice but IMO Joe's is better in terms of fit and finish and sound. I think royals tip are custom not sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The system looks good and sounds great!! I did not realize how unsightly and restricting the stock system was. Where can I get this exhaust system for the best price? What I see is $1,599.00 from Carson Toyota.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Carson has it as well as VIP Auto Salon. Not on their website, but if you call, they can order it. Not sure what the price is but it might be worth calling or emailing them

·
Premium Member
710 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^ Thanks Lou!!

Here is a few more pics CrazyMpg took the other day..

IS-F PTS Exhaust on the ground rear bumper angle pics

Enjoy :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Please be perfectly honest with me here. How much louder is this system inside the car? I am most concerned about noise level when cruising on the freeway between 65-80 MPH. When it is time to let her go I have no concern for the increased noise level and from what I have heard on your accompanying audio/video clips the new sound will be most welcome. Also any new rattles or any other noises since the install?

Thank you in advance for your future reply.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Damn, looks great Joe! I can't wait to place my order (hopefully soon :D )

Rickk, from what I've heard, it is not much louder inside the car at all. That was part of the design of the Joe Z, he didn't want it to be too loud and annoying to the driver since it's a Lexus and not a stang or camaro. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
hey i got a question for that joe z exhaust whats the best price i can find it for and where because im looking to buy one but i really to want to spend 1600 dollars its too much for an exhaust system if any suggestions please reply asap

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
hey i got a question for that joe z exhaust whats the best price i can find it for and where because im looking to buy one but i really to want to spend 1600 dollars its too much for an exhaust system if any suggestions please reply asap
Did you notice my post above:confused: $1299.:p

Lou

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I just installed this exhaust and man oh man is it awesome Thank you Joe Z and PTS for all the hard work you did to get this exhaust manufactured and out to us F owners And thanks Joe Z for being available to answer all the questions and concerns I had about the exhaust

I love the way it sounds all throughout the RPM range. It's not too loud but definitely lets people know you mean business. It also doesn't have an annoying drone when your idling. It is a deep, strong, V8 sound and I definitely agree with everyone that this is how the exhaust should of come from the factory. I haven't really "broken in" the exhaust yet but I can feel a little power difference in the car, especially in normal mode (it doesn't feel as bogged down as it did with the stock exhaust). Fitment was also perfect, no need to cut, splice, do anything like that under the car.

The exhaust was a simple swap in and took no time at all It was an easy bolt on bolt off swap that looks really really good once your done. The pipes look awesome polished. I didn't paint the tips black like some have because I don't find the chrome ones too noticeable from behind.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Congratulations Mike! Any pics? I'm curious if it will pass the smog test here in SoCal...
Thanks! Not quite yet ;) I have a Joe Z intake and Lexon rear roof spoiler going on soon so I will post up pics of everything once they're on :cool:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts