Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cant get my phone book to transfer to the car, anyone out there have an I-Phone? keeps saying transfer failed, ive entered a few in manually for now and they work. any help would be great! :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
i have a IS-F and a i-phone but i have a '10 IS-F and it's different navagation so im not sure aand i had my dealer do it for me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have an 08 that says it failed too guess I'll keep trying?

·
Registered
187 Posts
i have a iphone 3g not 3gs and a 08 and i cant get mine to sync data

thats a normal issue tho

it may matter if u have a 3g or 3gs

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the 3Gs I was looking online and it says that it doesnt have the ability to transfer contacts over bluetooth because apple disabled it.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
It was/is challenging to transfer contacts from almost any phone for that matter in the 08/09 IS-F (all IS's) with the GEN5 Nav system. It's best to manually enter your most frequently used contacts into the car. The Gen 6 Nav system in the 2010 IS's transfers the contacts much better in my experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My understanding is that the iPhone does not support the right data transfer Bluetooth protocol. If you search on here, you'll see several threads on the issue and I don't think anyone has been able to transfer contacts from an iPhone, at least for pre-2010 cars.

I just find times when I have to spend a few minutes waiting in the car for some reason and spend that time inputting numbers into the car's phone book (and training the voice dial).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts