Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

How Much Attention Does the IS-F Get on the Road?

7K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  A03 
#1 ·
Just curious about whether the car blends in with everything else or whether people notice the car? If it get's noticed, is it good atttention or negative attention.

#3 ·
Of course, theres a lot of attention in my area and Im pretty sure as well as all other areas. My area there is probably only like 3 or 4 and you barely ever see them, and people always stare, because they see the quad exhausts, and then if they hear the car go over 4000 rpms then they start to follow, its a great car and i love it! I believe if you go in for service and you bring the ISF they treat you so much better than others lol, thats what I noticed

#4 ·
Most of the people that look at my car just admire it. I don't get a lot of rice racers doing much but look just to say it looks good. Most people are still in the dark about the F. I even have IS350 owners asking what it is . I haven't had any negative attention because, IMO it is pretty subtle when you are just cruising. My car is white with 35% tint. Nothing else done to the exterior...yet. My plan is to lower the car a little, and maybe install the Lexon front lip. I like the look of the car as is. It also depends on the color. White is one of those that looks classy. I think the Blue is an extremely hot color, but it draws more attention.

#15 ·
I agree with you Jeff...Mine is also Smokey Granite Mica and the only people I see do double-takes are those who really know what it is...others just tend to admire it for the beauty and stealthiness of the color combination.

#8 ·
Funny story, the att phone man was out to fix the land lines. And he was in the back alley and my garage door was up, and he said him and his wife were looking into to geting one of those, and he said but she decided to stick with an accord, I said the F, he didn't even have a clue. I told him about it and he didn't think a v8 could ever fit in there, and wanted to look on the inside and engine. He got a real big kick out of it, and though it was just a standard IS. How funny. A lot of people have no idea, and think it is just another IS. which is good I guess.

#9 ·
the best thing about the F is that for the most part only the people who appreciate cars recognize it for what it is, otherwise it is just another IS on the road.

i had the car for about a year now, and i have found it mostly flies under the radar, which is fine for me. i had a couple of NYC highway motorcycle cops flag me and ask how many gears it has, but otherwise the heat never takes notice. and i pretty much drive it like i stole it on a daily basis.

many people often drive along side and voice their appreciation, always feels good. still can't believe how many G35/37's and evo's try to pick a fight, only to be taught a painful lesson...will i ever grow up?

but my favorite is the porsche. does everyone who buys a porche automatically think they are the king of the road? it makes me very happy everytime i bury a base 911 or boxster, and when you can stand your own against a carrera 4S and watch the shock on the guy's face when they look over and you say "hey, i'm still here!" , followed by good bye!

having said that, respect the porsche turbos, many vettes, AMG's, etc. most M3's i have seen know what the F is about and show their respect, pretty evenly matched. none of the Audi S' I have run against even came close.

sorry about the tangent. to answer your original question, the F doesn't get much attention unless you want it to, then it gets plenty, that's for sure!

#23 ·
Porsches

Funny you should mention the Porsches. I test drove a 2007 Cayman S and a 2005 Carrera S this weekend. What beauties. Before I went I was pretty excited that I could finally afford these cars (albeit used ones) and was willing to trade the IS F for one if my expectations were met. But the Porsches were SO SLOW! Fun to drive, sure, but very hard to justify considering the lack of torque and the awful Bose stereos. I was really disappointed. We went to the Chevy dealer afterward and were more impressed by the Corvette and Camaro. (I ordered a Camaro. The Corvette's interior was atrocious.)

#12 ·
i agree with footdr
its not one of those loud annoying cars that i get ripping it around the neighborhood either
its only loud if u want it to be
but eventually when more and more people see it
our car will pick up and we should see more of them on the road
because no one can deny how sweet it looks

#13 ·
I usually get the thumbs up from other drivers. Lately, i've been getting into run ins with E60 M5's and a variety of SRT-8 vehicles. Perhaps because I drive a white F, it gets a lot of attention out here in SoCal.

#16 ·
Thanks for the replies. Soooo, it seems that ultrasonic blue attracts the most attention. Can any one testify to the fact that it comes equipped with a pussy magnet??? ;)

Here is my situation: I wish I had never driven an IS-F because I had complete clarity before I did. I loved BMW's but then I made the mistake of driving an M3 and an IS-F immediately after. To me there was no comparison, the IS-F was clearly superior in every way. However, I've always been a big fan of exotics and have owned several and now I am up in the air between an 06 Maseratti Gransport and an IS-F. An unusual comparsion I know, but compare the performance numbers and the exhaust notes and you will get it. Suggestions?

#20 ·
... I am up in the air between an 06 Maseratti Gransport and an IS-F. An unusual comparsion I know, but compare the performance numbers and the exhaust notes and you will get it. Suggestions?
I was considering 3 cars when I chose the F,
A used Maseratti like the one you suggested, a classic 60's cadillac convertible, or the ISF.
As someone else pointed out, maintenance on the vehicles would be a killer except for the F. I didn't want to deal with that, so I went with Lexus.
New cars are nice. :)

#17 ·
i wouldn't go so far as to say the car is a pussy magnet, unless said owner of the pussy reads motor trend or car & track in the bathroom...you get the point.

the blue definitely will draw the most attention, but the maserati will probably get you laid more, even if the front end looks like a buick.

#21 ·
I think few members pretty much sum it on the attention status..
Few days ago which was Friday I saw a Cherokee pulling up really fast towards me and I'm thinking oh boy! another racer! But no!
Actually it was a couple who just wanted to check out my F..
They gave me a thumbs up! So I just gave them a friendly wave!
Most of amount of attention I get is when I finish washing the car and clean out the dust brakes and take it out on the road people stare at it..

Although kinda jumping the subject here but I had a weird 2 weeks which I call a Black Tri Factor!! on the 1st week I ran into a Black GTR near my house and then on the same day I run into a Black Dodge Viper and then this week I ran into a Lamborghini Murcielago!:eek: Odd! Normally I'm the king of the road but these cars triumph me..:D

#25 ·
Rice Burner? I think the F is far from it! Freakin V8 under the hood! Not too mention that it is not a poser/intimidation a.k.a not just for looks meaning it has the monster performance..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.