Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

How many miles do you currently have on your IS F?

11K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  A03 
#1 ·
I picked my 2009 up this past Friday 12/12/08. I've only driven it on the weekend so far and I now have 950 miles on the odometer. I'll be taking it to NorCal this coming Wednesday for X-Mas. When all is said and done, I should have about 2500 miles on the odo. :eek:

During thanksgiving weekend, I borrowed an 08 IS F in Smokey Granite w/PCS Radar Cruise and Headlamp Washers to San Francisco. It already had about 3k miles on the odometer. Surprisingly, I averaged about 22 mpg mostly highway driving for the whole holiday weekend. And thankfully gas was inexpensive! :)

#2 ·
picked up my 2009 is-f october 1st... i have just about 3k miles on it so far. the car gets consistently 21-22 mpg on the highway due to the eight gears which is cool... well, congrats on picking up your 09!

#3 ·
Wow, thats a lot of quick miles Flipside! Looks like your getting good gas mileage as well! :cool:

I got mine in June of 2008 and I have 6700 miles on it....not to bad, it'll be stored for a while this next week though as I go out of town. I average about 21-23 on the highway as well but the city, thats a completely different story :cool:

#5 ·
Picked mine up the end of January and have about >

9500 miles on it thus far. Milage? You guys really clock your milage? Why? I prefer to clock my Fun factor which constantly reads above 50 smiles per mile!

#10 ·
Mobil one most likely. I would have switched over to synthetic earlier, but when I got the car at 10k I had a free 15k service thrown in and of course they don't use synthetic.

I can't wait for warmer weather so I can actually get out there and "drive" the car.

#16 ·
Daym, thats a bit of snow you got there...perfect for donuts in closed school parking lots :D

#15 ·
I got it mine on August, 30, 2008 and I have about 5600 km on it and it's been parked in the garage for almost 2 months cause of heavy snow fall this winter...

#17 ·
At the moment 56,000 miles on it..Purchased at 03/31/08..
Just kidding!!:p :p

Actually 13K, trying to keep it low as possible till I buy a 2nd commute car..

#20 ·
Welcome to the site and congrats on your F! Your going to love the car! Start up a thread telling us about the purchase, interior/exterior colors, why you went with it, pics, etc. :cool:

#21 ·
I chuckle when I read of people that are going to buy a "daily driver" to keep from putting miles on their ISF.

When I bought my ISF in early March I kept my Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi powered quad cab. My wife got a new BMW 335i conv in early May. We kept her Expedition so that she could drive it in bad weather and to keep from putting so many miles on her new BMW. Fat Chance!!!!!!!

She has probably put 200 miles on the Expedition since May. The other day she said that we might as well sell it because she isn't about to drive it when she can drive her 335i.

I can't complain too much, since I seldom drive the truck unless I am going out to the farm or pulling the tractor.

#24 ·
I know it sounds crazy but some people just like to smother/savor their prized possession like my self with F! So I need a Commute car!:)

#22 ·
I bought my F in late July to be a daily driver. It now has about 6K miles on it. I left it in late October at the dealership for the 5K service, which dragged into a five day stay after a Sirius Satellite (gotta have Stern) reception SNAFU, I finally got it back . It was like having it brand new all over again. I decided right then and there to get the Infiniti truck my wife always wanted, and turned her X5 into my new daily driver. I drive the F about twice a week now, whenever it is sunny and the roads are clear. There is something about going from 235hp in a moderately heavy truck to a 400+hp race car that makes you appreciate the difference. Of course, it seems like I always run into the M3 or vette when I have the truck....To me, I don't care about the miles on the F, looks like it will run forever, but the fun factor always seems higher after a hiatus.

#32 ·
Oh, you bet. I was kind of embarrassed to go for my first 1000 miles appointment today because I'm barely at 700 miles now. I had the dealership replace my fog lamp bulbs today as well. I also met up with the guy who sold me the car. He promised that if I refer one sale to him, he will give me a free brake job for free. I'd say the embarrassment was worth it!

#34 ·
Yes! Here's some pics I took from my Blackberry.

12-23-08 1,000 mile break-in period is OVER!

12-27-08 2009 Miles on Eastbound I-80 in Berkeley, CA. It hit 2k miles right at Treasure Island, eastbound on the Bay Bridge.

And just yesterday afternoon...
12-28-08 Going north on the Golden Gate Bridge into Marin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.