Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my question to the champs. I am ready for some new PS2. My F came wit the Bridge Potenzas. Anyone got answers to plus sizing front rear for better grip & trackday use??

·
Registered
188 Posts
alot of people are going with 265 instead of 255 on the rears if your keeping your same rims.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alexzxlex; im always looking 4 people 2 go 2 the track with, what org do u rum with? scca bmw ? i also live in nassau. let me know next time u go.
I run with http://www.tracktime4cars.com They are at new Jersey Motorsports park this weekend but I got crap tires still so not going. Stay in touch I in Long Beach, where you?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Hi guys, I just want tires for now PS2 in the 265mm range for the back & should I plus the front or not? I will trackday the car.
You know what would be a killer set up for the Track, NT05s! You can run 245/35-19s in the front and 275/30-19s in the rear. This tire has a little softer rubber compound compared to the PS2 but is much more responsive. The NT05 has a reinforced internal construction and reinforced outer shoulder blocks for increased stability and response, especially at higher speed. Not to mention the huge continuous center rib proved maximum dry traction. The NT05 has two wide circumferential grooves which not only help cool the tire, but evacuate water efficiently. Here's a link with more details...

Let me know what you think!

-Matt

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know what would be a killer set up for the Track, NT05s! You can run 245/35-19s in the front and 275/30-19s in the rear. This tire has a little softer rubber compound compared to the PS2 but is much more responsive. The NT05 has a reinforced internal construction and reinforced outer shoulder blocks for increased stability and response, especially at higher speed. Not to mention the huge continuous center rib proved maximum dry traction. The NT05 has two wide circumferential grooves which not only help cool the tire, but evacuate water efficiently.

Let me know what you think!

-Matt
Hey Matt, will there be any issues with Tire/body contact?? Also will the speedo be off?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Hey Matt, will there be any issues with Tire/body contact?? Also will the speedo be off?
The tire sizes I recommended will work on your OEM wheels and should not rub at all. The OD is also very close to stock so you don't have to worry about your speedometer. Here's a tire size calculator you can use to compare the dimensions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.