Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Either the ISF's oem manifolds are made of cast iron or some grade of stainless steel.
Don't know what material the tubing is, but I can tell you it's not cast iron.

Lou

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don't know what material the tubing is, but I can tell you it's not cast iron.

Lou
By the looks of those it looks stainless steel to me as in the 2nd pic you can see the color change of a tinge blue in some parts of the header. Only stainless steel would change color like that vs other types of steel. Also I showed a friend of mine just now that works at a automotive machine shop and he says they are stainless steel.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The post about the "possible" credit card issues comes to mind along with all the other shit that's been posted targeting "SIKKY".
i believe i said i wasn't pointing fingers, but was very suspicious. i dont use my card that often and that was the first time i had used it in approximately a week, i could check statements and give exact days. it would be an extremely huge and unfortunate coincidence if that was the case. but hey, i could see it. "oh hey this guy is from canada, thousands of miles away, idiot gave us his cc number on the phone". doesnt sound too far fetched. but having said that again, im not pointing fingers because there is no conclusive evidence.

as for the magnet trick. i have my stock exhaust in the room beside me, it is all magnetic. if its stainless steel it could just be a lower grade that is magnetic, 409 stainless like andy had said. its less magnetic then the sikky headers however, which pull very strong on the magnet.

btw: joez exhaust. 304 stainless, completely non magnetic.... just checked.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As I researched before all stainless steel is magnetic as it depends how much nickel compound is in it for it to make it non magnetic. As you can see in this pic the oem headers are surely stainless as you can see the color change on some areas. Only stainless steel would change color like this as other types of steel doesn't.

·
Registered
434 Posts
from what i gather, 304 would not be magnetic, as it contains nickel. that is why the joez is not magnetic, as it is high quality stainless. the stock exhaust could be 409 stainless, which does not contain nickel, that would make it magnetic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow 2100 views, 9 pages and 86 replies and not even one reply from SIKKY...Shame on them!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm not trying to bash here Caymandiver I'm just trying to help for you and others to choose wisely on mods... as I did all my research before posting anything and I will try and find a magnet and try to see if the cats stick but I can barely get under my car as my car is quite low to the ground. Also if the exhaust system is made of 304L SS then it won't stick but I don't know if other grades of SS are magnetic or not...Hopefully someone can check...Don't you have your oem manifolds laying around somewhere? Try sticking a magnet to it and see what happens.
The JoeZ exhaust is made of 304 SUS stainless steel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The JoeZ exhaust is made of 304 SUS stainless steel.

Ya we know that already. We were talking about the OEM entire exhaust system from the manifolds to the back. Already confirmed the entire OEM exhaust system is made of stainless steel.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.