Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I hope Sikky knows about it and they probabely somewhat do know but IMO how can they fix it now? They already made 50+ headers and probabely sold most of them so I don't think they be taking back say estimate of 30-40% of them that have quality/fitment issues. All they could do now is make the next new batches better with no flaws. This is why I usually never rush into aftermarket parts that first come out unless the company was big and known and well reputative. No offense to SIKKY but I've never heard of them til these Headers came out. Anyhow the first generation makes of aftermarket parts usually have all the flaws in them. This is why alot of aftermarket parts comes out with different versions like version 1,2,3 etc...they always end up making them better. To me Sikky's Header seemed rushed into production. R&D was only 4-5 months? Any modding company can make a header but perfecting it could take years.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I called over to Sikky and inquired about the headers last week. I found them to be nothing but helpful and professional. This week I had my headers installed at JE who showed the same level of customer service. I'm not trying to get tangled up anything, I would just like to say that I was extremely impressed with both companies, the product, and the service.

In addition, I actually received a call a few days after the install to check on my satisfaction with the product. I cannot be happier.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Please do not misunderstand me, I said both lol. After following the thread regarding the headers very closely and reviewing the work the 4 members of this forum put in, I opted not to spend my money to get the dyno's. I figured I could put it towards my next upgrade >.<

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I've been researching direct intakes. Currently I am looking at K&N, SRT, and the Joe Z options. I would like advice on this but will make a new thread as to not divert this one. From there it's on to exhausts.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Very much so, a good crisp sound. Idle is nice and aggressive and you hear more of the bite much earlier (around 2k rpm's) but still have the kick once the intake fully opens.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I called over to Sikky and inquired about the headers last week. I found them to be nothing but helpful and professional. This week I had my headers installed at JE who showed the same level of customer service. I'm not trying to get tangled up anything, I would just like to say that I was extremely impressed with both companies, the product, and the service.

In addition, I actually received a call a few days after the install to check on my satisfaction with the product. I cannot be happier.

IMO of course Sikky and JE would be very helpful to you as you directly bought the Header and got it installed from them. Did you even get to fully examine the header quality itself? Assuming you went there and brought your car in and Sikky/JE installing it right at the spot. They probabely let you take a quick glance at the Header itself then installing it immediately without letting you fully examine it. This probabely happened to everyone else who got the Header installed by JE so technically they can't really say anything about the header quality itself. The thing is I have not yet seen any others with the Header show close up pictures of the ports and flanges besides doublexi. Only other pics I have seen of the Header are just the outside piping and ppl saying it's good quality... At least they called and asked if everything was ok after. Anyhow congrats on your Header.

Here is a link of an example of how a top quality header should look like. Header is made by J's racing Japan for S2000. They show close up shots of the welds, ports, flanges etc. This company has been around for a long time and has racing history. They took 2+ years of R&D to perfect this header. I had this header before on my s2000.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index.asp?xMODE=SHOP&xSW=3&xBLAND=1&xSHASHU=4&xPARENT=41&xNO=XA-S1&xKEYWORD=

·
Registered
191 Posts
Here is a link of an example of how a top quality header should look like. Header is made by J's racing Japan for S2000. They show close up shots of the welds, ports, flanges etc. This company has been around for a long time and has racing history. They took 2+ years of R&D to perfect this header. I had this header before on my s2000.

http://www.jsracing.co.jp/js3/index.asp?xMODE=SHOP&xSW=3&xBLAND=1&xSHASHU=4&xPARENT=41&xNO=XA-S1&xKEYWORD=

If you ask me those J racing headers look like crap aside from the nice polished look with no ceramic coating. Look at how they are piece mealed together compared to the SIKKY ones, which are mandrel bent all the way through to the collector.

SIKKY

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you ask me those J racing headers look like crap aside from the nice polished look with no ceramic coating. Look at how they are piece mealed together compared to the SIKKY ones, which are mandrel bent all the way through to the collector.
first, they are a step header, 4-2-1. second, the header flange is machined flat. third, the inlets have a smooth lip with no sharp edges. fouth, if you ask me (or many others) the sikky passenger side header looks like crap, and the driver side header looks weird as $&@%.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
ISF-88, I actually stayed at JE the entire time during installation, all 6 hours of it lol (to satisfy my curiosity). I had hands on with the headers prior to installation and they took the time to walk me through the installation for as much as I wanted to watch. I am not sure what's happened in your situation but please stop putting a spin on what I am saying.

Simply put: I received a quality product with quality service.

·
Registered
434 Posts
ISF-88, I actually stayed at JE the entire time during installation, all 6 hours of it lol (to satisfy my curiosity). I had hands on with the headers prior to installation and they took the time to walk me through the installation for as much as I wanted to watch. I am not sure what's happened in your situation but please stop putting a spin on what I am saying.

Simply put: I received a quality product with quality service.
if you handled the headers and think everything is just awesome you need to get your eyes checked.

·
Registered
118 Posts

SIKKY

Yes doublexi your correct they are a step header design which is why they aren't mandrel bent all the way through to the connector, they are a 4-2-1 header and they are made from a high quality lightweight SUS304 stainless steel...Caymandiver they aren't ceramic coated because it's made out of stainless steel. Ceramic coated headers aren't made of stainless steel they are made of mild steel. Alot of high end headers are made of stainless steel over ceramic coated due to durability. Also all headers starts off looking like that with all the welds...but with the J's header you can see that the flanges are machined flat and the ports are complete smooth circles. With SIKKY's the ports are so uneven and it seems like they just welded the flanges around the ports without machining the ports properly and the ceramic coating hides all the flaws and welds making it superb looking. Basically ceramic coating can make any shit quality header look like a million bux. Also if u think J's racing is crap obviously you have not seen and handled many other high quality headers in your life time...Your the first person I've ever heard saying J's racing is crap while thousands of car modders use them. Try googling them and you won't even find one bad word about them...J's Racing is a international Racing team and not just some tuning shop. Their success in the Racing world back up there parts.

Here is a link of 20+ different Header companies from low to high quality for the S2000.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=634406

Count how many are ceramic coated? IMO alot of high end manufactures don't make ceramic coated headers because for one the durability, 2nd if you want both SS and CC it's gonna cost you which most customers won't pay, 3rd a header is like a work of art to them and ceramic coating will just hide all their hard work and craftmanship as most high end headers are each welded and pieced together by hand. Ceramic coated Headers have their advantages and disadvantages. Advantages is it's a tad lighter, reduces engine bay heat and keeps the heat in the header which will give better exhaust flow but that's an easy fix with the stainless steel header as racers usually wrap them which does the same thing with holding in the heat. Disadvantages is most cheap ceramic coated headers are made of mild steel which makes it prone to rust and can crack easier at the welds. Once the ceramic coating chips and flakes off corrosion and rust will happen so they don't last as long. So if you live in a rainy/snowing winter city you'd be better off with a good quality 304 stainless steel header as 304 stainless steel is rust proof and would last you a lifetime. 304 stainless steel would cost alot more but IMO it's worth the money. It would be good if the header was made of stainless steel then ceramic coated but that would cost you way more then $1300. For looks I prefer a header with just polished stainless steel over ceramic coated as it gives it more of a raw look over the ceramic bling factor look. Also a stainless steel header will change color to a blue tinge look when it heats up.

Here are two same headers, 1st pic is the oem Polished Stainless steel look vs 2nd pic custom ceramic coated look. Which looks better? I think the ceramic looks cheese but you be the judge.

Here again are shots of the poor machining on the flanges/ports on the Sikky Header. In all seriousness honestly all you guys think and say this is good quality???

doublexi's Header

PIRATE1's Header

Here are shots of nicely machined flanges and ports.

See the difference now? Hopefully to those who think SIKKY's header was nice quality could see the quality issues with the flanges/ports...

One more thing about the quality of SIKKY header is FYI SIKKY Header is made of mild steel Ceramic coated and uses a stainless steel vband flange. So beware once it rusts it's game over unless your willing to pay the hefty labor costs of pulling off your header every 1-2 years to get them re ceramic coated then installing them back.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Doublexl, for a guy who started the thread "ETA" back in early July with the below and then later said you may wait until next year I'm not sure what to think.:confused: Then when you got the headers, you started hacking them up without even trying them out first, when everyone else had no fitment or power issues. WTF dude!?

7/8/10
"i dont know if im as curious as others, but to put it bluntly.... where the [email protected]#$ are my headers?

the "they should be ready in 3 weeks" was up almost 3 weeks ago. i'd like to get them on my car before it [email protected]#$ing snows this year.

SIKKY!?
"

8/28/10
"i have no idea where the nearest dyno to me would be. that would involve a lot of driving and i do not yet know when i will be putting them on. its almost september, my car gets tucked away at the start of october..... might wait till next year."

LeXusguy, you are straight up bitter because you expected SIKKY to send your headers to a competitor before the competitor has finalized his design. Come on man really!? I do however kinda side with you though that SIKKY shouldn't have (if he really did) give you the run around like you stated. If that's true then shame on them, but for you and Doublexl to continue bashing SIKKY is just unprofessional, uncalled for and in my honest opinion adds ZERO credibility to you.

We have a few companies who are now starting to make some parts for the IS-F and I'm baffled as to why we are not embracing and encouraging these companies instead of all the constant bickering going on here. There is nothing wrong with competition as long as it's fair, but I do see a problem with the way you two have been on attack.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Doublexl, for a guy who started the thread "ETA" back in early July with the below and then later said you may wait until next year I'm not sure what to think.:confused: Then when you got the headers, you started hacking them up without even trying them out first, when everyone else had no fitment or power issues. WTF dude!?

7/8/10
"i dont know if im as curious as others, but to put it bluntly.... where the [email protected]#$ are my headers?

the "they should be ready in 3 weeks" was up almost 3 weeks ago. i'd like to get them on my car before it [email protected]# snows this year.

SIKKY!?
"

8/28/10
"i have no idea where the nearest dyno to me would be. that would involve a lot of driving and i do not yet know when i will be putting them on. its almost september, my car gets tucked away at the start of october..... might wait till next year."

LeXusguy, you are straight up bitter because you expected SIKKY to send your headers to a competitor before the competitor has finalized his design. Come on man really!? I do however kinda side with you though that SIKKY shouldn't have (if he really did) give you the run around like you stated. If that's true then shame on them, but for you and Doublexl to continue bashing SIKKY is just unprofessional, uncalled for and in my honest opinion adds ZERO credibility to you.

We have a few companies who are now starting to make some parts for the IS-F and I'm baffled as to why we are not embracing and encouraging these companies instead of all the constant bickering going on here. There is nothing wrong with competition as long as it's fair, but I do see a problem with the way you two have been on attack.
i decided not to get a lift yet, mainly because my tv of old blew up and i went and spent 3800 on a new one so i dont want to spend another 3k for a lift. im not going to let some shop i dont trust install my headers, there are no shops around here that are very reputable. im not going to pay what would likely be just short of 1000 for an install i can do. i dont have enough header wrap, by the time i get the rest of it and finish the wrapping them it will be the end of next week. next weekend i have a course all weekend taking up most of my time, the next weekend after that is the middle of september, i only insured my car until october this year because i dont drive it in the winter. whats the point in putting headers on for about 2 weeks then having to tuck it away. and assuming they even fit (alignment wise for the exhaust) and if the dipstick even fits that might have to be modified too. so who knows how much down time would be needed if things need to be changed, then i could be without car for the rest of the driving season anyways. when i made this thread i had absolutely no idea that i would have to modify the headers straight out of the box, now that i have handled them no way in hell would i install them as they come from sikky. i wasnt going to wrap them, but my friend who owns a performance company (small just around here) said he wraps all headers he installs for a variety of reasons, so i thought what the heck why not. i will encourage more companies to make parts for the ISF as long as they are QUALITY pieces.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Andy's design is and was finalized at the time that SIKKY released there headers...Andy put his headers on hold because he was busy coming up with a kit for a SUPERCHARGER for our cars, that's why Andys have not been released yet...but they were dyno tested and results posted.....I was given the run around as stated and if ANY of this was false don't you think SIKKY would have commented on this thread?????....ENOUGH SAID

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Mods. IMHO, what has to be said has been said. This thread has turned ugly and, again IMHO, should be closed.

Lou

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mods. IMHO, what has to be said has been said. This thread has turned ugly and, again IMHO, should be closed.

Lou

Yes this has turned ugly but IMO to SIKKY that has not addressed to this matter is also unprofessional. They are a Vendor on here and there is no way they wouldn't know about this matter. Also to everyone that has success with the Header congrats to all of you but in honesty if a few members have problems with fitment/quality issues and are not gaining the hp that everyone else dyno'd on JE's dynopack don't u think that's a problem? Just put yourselves in their shoes that are having the problems with the header. Also on top of that what makes it even more fishy is SIKKY not replying to this thread...1550 views 6 pages 60 replies and not even one reply from SIKKY...

41 - 60 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.