Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Caymandive does make a good point but I have to disagree on one of the points. IMO it would make no difference if Elite's Headers were finalized because like what Splat stated that the Headers were finalized at that time and they were dyno'd and tested. Only thing that wasn't finished was ceramic coating them which won't make any difference in hp gains during their short tests. It will only make a difference during long drives in terms of providing less heat. Also somewhere on this forum I remember reading that Sikky agreed to do back to back testings with Elite. In the end bad customer service is one thing but on top of that for Sikky not being 100% honest just made things even worse. Lexusguy just get your deposit back and move on.

·
Registered
434 Posts
well aside from my quality issues, this may neither be here nor there. but its something i have been suspicious of.

when i first put down a deposit at the end of may, my credit card had to be canceled. as it went, i made the deposit, all was fine and ok. until the next day, when i get a call from visa security asking me about some random charge for around $700 from something called 51globalconsumer. i denied knowing anything about this charge and they denied it and canceled my card because it had been compromised.

it could be a massive coincidence, but the deposit sikky rang through was the only charge i made to my visa in about a weeks time, and this fraudulent charge surfaced the next day. so i was visaless for about a week until i got a new one in the mail.

im not pointing fingers, but i have been suspicious from the moment this happened, it could have just been coincidence but i just thought i should share...

·
Registered
222 Posts
at the time they were finished. they just had to do road testing then suspended making any further sets till they finish my sc kit.
By the very definition if they are still "testing" then they aren't done yet are they? Unless you and I can buy a set right now they still have time to make changes.
plus what is wrong with looking at competitors products...why not test them and make a better performing one? (just my 2 cents) NOT speaking for Elite
If you spend hours and hours building something would you send it off to a competitor to make something better? I doubt it and if you say you do its BS. Can Elite buy a set if they wish? sure. but its rather blatant to want to have someone send it directly there. I'm sure nissan didnt ask porsche to deliver the 911 turbos to the nissan factory for testing against the GTR.

Do people get competitors products to evaluate sure. Does a manufacturer willingly need to send it to them? No.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well aside from my quality issues, this may neither be here nor there. but its something i have been suspicious of.

when i first put down a deposit at the end of may, my credit card had to be canceled. as it went, i made the deposit, all was fine and ok. until the next day, when i get a call from visa security asking me about some random charge for around $700 from something called 51globalconsumer. i denied knowing anything about this charge and they denied it and canceled my card because it had been compromised.

it could be a massive coincidence, but the deposit sikky rang through was the only charge i made to my visa in about a weeks time, and this fraudulent charge surfaced the next day. so i was visaless for about a week until i got a new one in the mail.

im not pointing fingers, but i have been suspicious from the moment this happened, it could have just been coincidence but i just thought i should share...
This is interesting, I had a fraudulent charge on my card too that cause caught by my CC company to vogue wigs for 200 bucks. but that was weeks later and I use my card every day.

·
Registered
194 Posts
By the very definition if they are still "testing" then they aren't done yet are they? Unless you and I can buy a set right now they still have time to make changes.

If you spend hours and hours building something would you send it off to a competitor to make something better? I doubt it and if you say you do its BS. Can Elite buy a set if they wish? sure. but its rather blatant to want to have someone send it directly there. I'm sure nissan didnt ask porsche to deliver the 911 turbos to the nissan factory for testing against the GTR.

Do people get competitors products to evaluate sure. Does a manufacturer willingly need to send it to them? No.
yes im sure you can call them and order a set, just bc they dont advertise doesnt mean they dont sell or make them. I have a set. Also sikky agreed to do testing and elite was going to have a third party do the testing on two different is-f's.

they spent more then hours to have some choppy welds and spotty fitment. Elite posted pictures the whole way and has kept everyone updated. And at the time both company's were still in the testing phase so whats your point?

·
Registered
222 Posts
yes im sure you can call them and order a set, just bc they dont advertise doesnt mean they dont sell or make them. I have a set. Also sikky agreed to do testing and elite was going to have a third party do the testing on two different is-f's.

they spent more then hours to have some choppy welds and spotty fitment. Elite posted pictures the whole way and has kept everyone updated. And at the time both company's were still in the testing phase so whats your point?
Well you are all complaining about sikky and one of the complaints you have is that nobody make the advertised power for sikky's headers except on their dyno but nobody has show what the Elite ones can do either. Caymandiver is THE ONLY person here that has 3rd party results and IMO thats the only reliable source of information. Furthermore I read the thread and nowhere did andy agree to have it done by a third party it was sikky that brought it up and other members but not one post confirming it. Unless it came from the horses mouth everything is hearsay.

Like I said I have nothing against Elite, I look forward to their work on the supercharger. (How about some cams too? :D) I just dont like to see companies bashed for having the common sense not to willingly and knowingly give their product over to a competitor.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well you are all complaining about sikky and one of the complaints you have is that nobody make the advertised power for sikky's headers except on their dyno but nobody has show what the Elite ones can do either. Caymandiver is THE ONLY person here that has 3rd party results and IMO thats the only reliable source of information. Furthermore I read the thread and nowhere did andy agree to have it done by a third party it was sikky that brought it up and other members but not one post confirming it. Unless it came from the horses mouth everything is hearsay.

Like I said I have nothing against Elite, I look forward to their work on the supercharger. (How about some cams too? :D) I just dont like to see companies bashed for having the common sense not to willingly and knowingly give their product over to a competitor.

Now here u sound very defensive about Sikky. Anyhow of coz others including myself would complaint about the hp gains which others made and we didn't...We depend on those dyno plots and we take notes and advice and make our answers from for choosing the right mod. Also no $hit noone else has dynoplots for Elite's header as there not even published yet...Also everyone including myself would of bought Sikky's due to the 400 dollar price difference. Now I don't want to sound like the bad guy and I'm not bashing on Sikky in anyway with their products and KUDOS to their success but all it took was some honesty if they didn't want to send the header directly to Elite. They should of been straight up with Lexusguy instead of all this sneakyness phonecalls and bs excuses they kept making with him. It also goes wrong on Lexusguy's side too as he should of just got the headers sent to him then send it down to Elite if he really wants to see back to back results.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Now I don't want to sound like the bad guy and I'm not bashing on Sikky in anyway with their products and KUDOS to their success but all it took was some honesty if they didn't want to send the header directly to Elite. They should of been straight up with Lexusguy instead of all this sneakyness phonecalls and bs excuses they kept making with him. It also goes wrong on Lexusguy's side too as he should of just got the headers sent to him then send it down to Elite if he really wants to see back to back results.
Now this part I can agree with. There are always 3 sides to the story :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
As far as what 08MRISF/Lexusguy said before the thread was closed on CL I'm just here to tell my side of the story, your the one doing the bashing. You could have gone about this in a whole lot smarter way but you didn't and now it is what it is. I'm not being uptight I'm just presenting the information from my perspective just like you have done with yours. :) Best of luck to you and I hope you end up happy with whatever routes you take. In the end its about making yourself happy not other people :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I mean secretly without blatantly saying Hey its Elite send it to us.
There is nothing wrong with being upfront about it on Elite's end. Im pretty sure i dont see a patent for the Sikky Headers. Either way... Not selling to a certain person just because they are that certain person and you dont like them usually dosnt go well in the eyes of the public :rolleyes:

What do you consider 3rd party dyno? The people who have done individual dynos(3rd party IMO) are still not getting near the projected Hp increase.

Nothing against sikky... But aftermarket for the ISF is a small market that should be handled with care. Between the Quality issues and lack of customer service, i would say that there heading down the wrong road with the F community.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I fully agree and another thing about quality issues IMO that for others to say nothing was wrong with it was absurd. There are a handful of ppl here that have the headers already. 3 of them which were installed by JE/Sikky which probabely didn't really get to take a full 100% examination on the headers before they installed it. Then 4 others that bought the Header seperately. 3 members out of the 4 had quality issues. PIRATE1 had his with dipstick welded in wrong place and he said the quality was not nice, doublexi had bad raised welds and gaskets would not align properly and Bullterrier said the quality was so so which the flanges could of been machined better and he has a "dent" in his header and also said things had to be modified prior to install. Now assuming the dent came from shipping but to me that's some bad packaging and handling from Sikky's side. Ok now that's not just a coincidence from 3 members to all have quality/fitment issues. That's an actual problem with the Header itself. Now I know nothing is perfect but for that kind of money that's unacceptable. At first I was going to buy Sikky Header due to the price being a little bit cheaper but now if they don't fix those issues I'd rather spend a bit more for something that was perfected. Now I can't really say Elite's would be perfected yet as noone has them yet but time will tell.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had my headers installed at Zen Motors in Atlanta. We didn't have any problems with the install what so ever... No exhaust leaks and it was a perfect fitment.

Sikky was great with me and very helpful whenever I called. The only downside I would say is their VM box was always full when I wanted to leave a message. This is understandable because they probably were getting bombarded with calls from people wanting to know where their headers are at.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thats great you didn't have a problem with the headers. Seems like the verdict with the quality and fitment issues would be 50/50. You might get a good one or a bad one but if that's the case Sikky really needs to check their finished batches of Headers throughly before sending them out. Myself will not risk spending 1500+ on a item and later find out I got a bad one...Hopefully Sikky will resolve this issue and maybe I might try out their header.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Why has Sikky not posted to this thread:confused: This has turned into a he said - she said, with no word from the manufacturer and a site sponsor. This seems odd to me.

Lou

·
Registered
118 Posts
Why has Sikky not posted to this thread:confused: This has turned into a he said - she said, with no word from the manufacturer and a site sponsor. This seems odd to me.

Lou

I was suspicious and thinking this too...This is quite a matter to them and they haven't posted nor replied to this issue...This could ruin Sikky's reputation.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was suspicious and thinking this too...This is quite a matter to them and they haven't posted nor replied to this issue...This could ruin Sikky's reputation.
I have seen this several times before and not to take any side in this as Sikky may be assuming people will just tear up everything they have to say and battling back and forth via posts usually go no where. I find the BS revolving around Elite to be insane and not sure how Sikky ever thought they would get themselves out of that one is beyond me. They just kept digging their hole deeper and deeper. If there is a quality issue with their product, if this doesn't give them a kick in the pants to get it corrected, I don't know what will. If they purposely misled the public as to their products performance, shame on them and they have a much bigger issue than just a few quality tweaks. If it is the latter, it is hard for me to comprehend how they thought the truth would never come out. People dyno their cars all the time so if they falsely stated the gains, it would be so short lived that it just doesn't make sense that they would do that. I know there are a few other issues here but this just seems very strange.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Has anyone contacted Sikky with their issues? If so what steps did they take to resolve the problem?

It seems there are posts about quality issue complaints, but nothing about them contacting the manufacturer and what they did to resolve the issue.

If they are trying to fix the problem that is great and is what I would expect from them. If not this is going to be a large hassle and will definitely ruin their reputation.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.