Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I dont know what dynojet results I haven't seen yet, but I corrected Cayman's numbers for temperature and pressure.. and the gain was 28.81whp. Not 39.5 and not 42.5 like on the dynapack. I'd like the temp and pressure readings from the dynapack runs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
well aside from my quality issues, this may neither be here nor there. but its something i have been suspicious of.

when i first put down a deposit at the end of may, my credit card had to be canceled. as it went, i made the deposit, all was fine and ok. until the next day, when i get a call from visa security asking me about some random charge for around $700 from something called 51globalconsumer. i denied knowing anything about this charge and they denied it and canceled my card because it had been compromised.

it could be a massive coincidence, but the deposit sikky rang through was the only charge i made to my visa in about a weeks time, and this fraudulent charge surfaced the next day. so i was visaless for about a week until i got a new one in the mail.

im not pointing fingers, but i have been suspicious from the moment this happened, it could have just been coincidence but i just thought i should share...

·
Registered
434 Posts
If you ask me those J racing headers look like crap aside from the nice polished look with no ceramic coating. Look at how they are piece mealed together compared to the SIKKY ones, which are mandrel bent all the way through to the collector.
first, they are a step header, 4-2-1. second, the header flange is machined flat. third, the inlets have a smooth lip with no sharp edges. fouth, if you ask me (or many others) the sikky passenger side header looks like crap, and the driver side header looks weird as $&@%.

·
Registered
434 Posts
ISF-88, I actually stayed at JE the entire time during installation, all 6 hours of it lol (to satisfy my curiosity). I had hands on with the headers prior to installation and they took the time to walk me through the installation for as much as I wanted to watch. I am not sure what's happened in your situation but please stop putting a spin on what I am saying.

Simply put: I received a quality product with quality service.
if you handled the headers and think everything is just awesome you need to get your eyes checked.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Doublexl, for a guy who started the thread "ETA" back in early July with the below and then later said you may wait until next year I'm not sure what to think.:confused: Then when you got the headers, you started hacking them up without even trying them out first, when everyone else had no fitment or power issues. WTF dude!?

7/8/10
"i dont know if im as curious as others, but to put it bluntly.... where the [email protected]#$ are my headers?

the "they should be ready in 3 weeks" was up almost 3 weeks ago. i'd like to get them on my car before it [email protected]# snows this year.

SIKKY!?
"

8/28/10
"i have no idea where the nearest dyno to me would be. that would involve a lot of driving and i do not yet know when i will be putting them on. its almost september, my car gets tucked away at the start of october..... might wait till next year."

LeXusguy, you are straight up bitter because you expected SIKKY to send your headers to a competitor before the competitor has finalized his design. Come on man really!? I do however kinda side with you though that SIKKY shouldn't have (if he really did) give you the run around like you stated. If that's true then shame on them, but for you and Doublexl to continue bashing SIKKY is just unprofessional, uncalled for and in my honest opinion adds ZERO credibility to you.

We have a few companies who are now starting to make some parts for the IS-F and I'm baffled as to why we are not embracing and encouraging these companies instead of all the constant bickering going on here. There is nothing wrong with competition as long as it's fair, but I do see a problem with the way you two have been on attack.
i decided not to get a lift yet, mainly because my tv of old blew up and i went and spent 3800 on a new one so i dont want to spend another 3k for a lift. im not going to let some shop i dont trust install my headers, there are no shops around here that are very reputable. im not going to pay what would likely be just short of 1000 for an install i can do. i dont have enough header wrap, by the time i get the rest of it and finish the wrapping them it will be the end of next week. next weekend i have a course all weekend taking up most of my time, the next weekend after that is the middle of september, i only insured my car until october this year because i dont drive it in the winter. whats the point in putting headers on for about 2 weeks then having to tuck it away. and assuming they even fit (alignment wise for the exhaust) and if the dipstick even fits that might have to be modified too. so who knows how much down time would be needed if things need to be changed, then i could be without car for the rest of the driving season anyways. when i made this thread i had absolutely no idea that i would have to modify the headers straight out of the box, now that i have handled them no way in hell would i install them as they come from sikky. i wasnt going to wrap them, but my friend who owns a performance company (small just around here) said he wraps all headers he installs for a variety of reasons, so i thought what the heck why not. i will encourage more companies to make parts for the ISF as long as they are QUALITY pieces.

·
Registered
434 Posts
doublexi I advise you not to use header wrap as SIKKy's header is made of ceramic coated mild steel and will rust and corrode faster. Also mild steel is not as sturdy as stainless steel where the wrap can damage your Header.
this is news to me.... about the non-stainless that is....where did you find this info

·
Registered
434 Posts
hahah... WOW!!!! doublexl, take a magnet to them... If they are 304 tubes they will not be magnetic, mild steel and 409(lower grade) stainless are magnetic. Headers should NEVER!!!!!! EVER EVER EVER be made of mild or 409... Well at least if you want them to last.

P.S. Our are 100% 304 stainless, TIG welded, and CNC Flanges...
i did this even before you said it. the magnets stick on everything except the new dipstick.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
The post about the "possible" credit card issues comes to mind along with all the other shit that's been posted targeting "SIKKY".
i believe i said i wasn't pointing fingers, but was very suspicious. i dont use my card that often and that was the first time i had used it in approximately a week, i could check statements and give exact days. it would be an extremely huge and unfortunate coincidence if that was the case. but hey, i could see it. "oh hey this guy is from canada, thousands of miles away, idiot gave us his cc number on the phone". doesnt sound too far fetched. but having said that again, im not pointing fingers because there is no conclusive evidence.

as for the magnet trick. i have my stock exhaust in the room beside me, it is all magnetic. if its stainless steel it could just be a lower grade that is magnetic, 409 stainless like andy had said. its less magnetic then the sikky headers however, which pull very strong on the magnet.

btw: joez exhaust. 304 stainless, completely non magnetic.... just checked.

·
Registered
434 Posts
from what i gather, 304 would not be magnetic, as it contains nickel. that is why the joez is not magnetic, as it is high quality stainless. the stock exhaust could be 409 stainless, which does not contain nickel, that would make it magnetic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.