Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I couldn't give a crap as I have no loyalty to any specific person or company but in all fairness I have had not a single issue with sikky and I didn't use JE as my install shop either.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have you been able to dyno your car yet?
What were the gains with your headers?
I am going to the track tomorrow night to see if my times/trap speeds have changed.

I also have an appointment tomorrow for a dyno run. I Will be using a MAHA LPS 3000 dyno to do my run which calculates drivetrain losses on the coast down phase. These are the dynos Audi ,Volkswagen, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes etc use as their factory dynos. Putting many stock cars on there has shown it to be within a few HP of manufacturer claims. One thing about the maha dyno I like is that there is nothing for the operator to change, no guessing drivetrain losses or entering correction factors, it does it all on its own.

Its going to be 90+ degrees and I have an hour long drive to get there, maybe i should get there an hour early to let the car cool or should I just toss it on there anyway? They do have two 50,000 CFM fans that blow air over the car during the run to keep it cooler. Also we only have 91 octane here so that's what I will be running for the tests.

·
Registered
222 Posts
at the time they were finished. they just had to do road testing then suspended making any further sets till they finish my sc kit.
By the very definition if they are still "testing" then they aren't done yet are they? Unless you and I can buy a set right now they still have time to make changes.
plus what is wrong with looking at competitors products...why not test them and make a better performing one? (just my 2 cents) NOT speaking for Elite
If you spend hours and hours building something would you send it off to a competitor to make something better? I doubt it and if you say you do its BS. Can Elite buy a set if they wish? sure. but its rather blatant to want to have someone send it directly there. I'm sure nissan didnt ask porsche to deliver the 911 turbos to the nissan factory for testing against the GTR.

Do people get competitors products to evaluate sure. Does a manufacturer willingly need to send it to them? No.

·
Registered
222 Posts
well aside from my quality issues, this may neither be here nor there. but its something i have been suspicious of.

when i first put down a deposit at the end of may, my credit card had to be canceled. as it went, i made the deposit, all was fine and ok. until the next day, when i get a call from visa security asking me about some random charge for around $700 from something called 51globalconsumer. i denied knowing anything about this charge and they denied it and canceled my card because it had been compromised.

it could be a massive coincidence, but the deposit sikky rang through was the only charge i made to my visa in about a weeks time, and this fraudulent charge surfaced the next day. so i was visaless for about a week until i got a new one in the mail.

im not pointing fingers, but i have been suspicious from the moment this happened, it could have just been coincidence but i just thought i should share...
This is interesting, I had a fraudulent charge on my card too that cause caught by my CC company to vogue wigs for 200 bucks. but that was weeks later and I use my card every day.

·
Registered
222 Posts
yes im sure you can call them and order a set, just bc they dont advertise doesnt mean they dont sell or make them. I have a set. Also sikky agreed to do testing and elite was going to have a third party do the testing on two different is-f's.

they spent more then hours to have some choppy welds and spotty fitment. Elite posted pictures the whole way and has kept everyone updated. And at the time both company's were still in the testing phase so whats your point?
Well you are all complaining about sikky and one of the complaints you have is that nobody make the advertised power for sikky's headers except on their dyno but nobody has show what the Elite ones can do either. Caymandiver is THE ONLY person here that has 3rd party results and IMO thats the only reliable source of information. Furthermore I read the thread and nowhere did andy agree to have it done by a third party it was sikky that brought it up and other members but not one post confirming it. Unless it came from the horses mouth everything is hearsay.

Like I said I have nothing against Elite, I look forward to their work on the supercharger. (How about some cams too? :D) I just dont like to see companies bashed for having the common sense not to willingly and knowingly give their product over to a competitor.

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Now I don't want to sound like the bad guy and I'm not bashing on Sikky in anyway with their products and KUDOS to their success but all it took was some honesty if they didn't want to send the header directly to Elite. They should of been straight up with Lexusguy instead of all this sneakyness phonecalls and bs excuses they kept making with him. It also goes wrong on Lexusguy's side too as he should of just got the headers sent to him then send it down to Elite if he really wants to see back to back results.
Now this part I can agree with. There are always 3 sides to the story :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
As far as what 08MRISF/Lexusguy said before the thread was closed on CL I'm just here to tell my side of the story, your the one doing the bashing. You could have gone about this in a whole lot smarter way but you didn't and now it is what it is. I'm not being uptight I'm just presenting the information from my perspective just like you have done with yours. :) Best of luck to you and I hope you end up happy with whatever routes you take. In the end its about making yourself happy not other people :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.