Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Intake and exhaust mostly, headers are being worked on, there is also a ported manifold available, slowly parts are trickling out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Bike is R1. I want to put the same kind of red lining on the wheels of my ISF too. So where is a good place to get the new intake. How many more ponnies does it buy. Do other people have a little trouble getting the car out of a cork-screw turn quick enough. May be I am just not used to the pedal shifters, I cannot down shift enough at the Apex to come out fast.

·
Registered
434 Posts
technically speaking...... you should already be in the optimum gear for the corner before turning in. so all your shifting should be over with. trail braking a little bit at the start of the corner would help reduce the initial understeer on turn-in, but brakes should not be applied in a corner. also, accelerate through the corner by gradually increasing pressure on the gas pedal until the limit is reached. at that point, upshift as needed.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Damn...nice toys. Keeping the Yamaha heritage alive! 2UR-GSE v8 co-developed by Yamaha and your R1 of course!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Guys,
Do we have a Bay Area F club? Anyone in the SF Bay Area want to get together and do a drive on highway 9 sometime.
Ash

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Mike,
I can always make time on the weekend. Why don't we fix a place and see if there are others who would want to join.
Ash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts