Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I test drove my Brother-In-Laws BMW 550 for a weekend,

last years M3, the Audi A5 & A4 quatro, before getting the IS-F. The IS-F points in nicely and the car will follow, no problem. I think it is as good if not a bit better then the new M3, and much better then the BMW 550.

While I have read a couple of reports noting the IS-F having a slight understeering issue, one must understand that most cars are designed to understeer a bit, and that most of the "writers" driving them are not used to driving a 417 HP car so one MUST question is it the car or the driver forcing the understeer by the driver being a bit late on the brakes on the way in or trying to make the car turn while still on the brakes, to their braking properly earlier and being back on the throttle and powering through the turn earlier? I live in a canyon area and drive the canyons daily. I don't correct for the car as I said I find that the car points in nicely and will follow given the proper throttle and braking input from the driver... YMMV

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.