Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see boys, happy IS-F owners, you dont have time to reply, but i left my question in every possible topic and got no answer!!!! Is IS-F handles and steering better then in a bmw550, 650, 335??? Im not comparing to M devision cars, but still, 550, 650, 335 have veen driven by me and i find them VERY SPORTY! Since IS-F is something special with an F letter, it must be better then non M cars )))) If IS-F handles as good as 550 650 335 not even better i take it, if steering is almost as sharp as 550 650 335 has and not even better.... i take IS-F... we wont have a test drive in Moscow so OWNERS of IS-F, please, please give me some interesting answers... and note im a bmw driver, but not fun, just it happened so that the last 3 cars were bmw (550, 650)! I want to have a clue about IS-f!
Thank you, thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
The IS-f will handle and steer alot better than a Non M BMW period. The only place where some say an M3 would beat it is on a pure road course....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yola,

Look for reviews of the ISF online ------> UK mags: EVO, Car, Top Gear, US mags: Road & Track, Car and Driver, Motor trend .....
Look for Test drive on You tube from Fifth gear ...

The info is there from well known and reputable professionals.

Yes the ISF is that good and so much fun.

Critics have been really good and it says a lot as all test drivers were expecting another boring Lexus...

·
Registered
137 Posts
I test drove my Brother-In-Laws BMW 550 for a weekend,

last years M3, the Audi A5 & A4 quatro, before getting the IS-F. The IS-F points in nicely and the car will follow, no problem. I think it is as good if not a bit better then the new M3, and much better then the BMW 550.

While I have read a couple of reports noting the IS-F having a slight understeering issue, one must understand that most cars are designed to understeer a bit, and that most of the "writers" driving them are not used to driving a 417 HP car so one MUST question is it the car or the driver forcing the understeer by the driver being a bit late on the brakes on the way in or trying to make the car turn while still on the brakes, to their braking properly earlier and being back on the throttle and powering through the turn earlier? I live in a canyon area and drive the canyons daily. I don't correct for the car as I said I find that the car points in nicely and will follow given the proper throttle and braking input from the driver... YMMV

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Some of the reviews state the M3 handles road coarses better.... That's all I'm saying. I believe it's because lack of experience more than anything else, and or people have their minds set that the BMW is "better"....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of the reviews state the M3 handles road coarses better.... That's all I'm saying. I believe it's because lack of experience more than anything else, and or people have their minds set that the BMW is "better"....
Just cant believe that Lexus made a car that handles better than non Mdevision bmw cars like 650 or even 550... because still 650 and 550 are outstanding at steering and handling!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts