Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My first pass on a bone stock setup, I did 13.42et. This is around to what the car was tested at in its current config so I was happy. I had sport mode OFF and trac ON and shifting it myself. I don't have my slip in front of me so can't tell you the 60ft.
Suggestions? Make sure you use *GOOD* 91/92/93 octane fuel! No octane booster or additives... use SHELL 91, BP-Amoco Ultimate (92/93), or Sunoco 94 if you can find it. Not all 91 octane fuels are created EQUAL! I have a feeling you know this, but I wanted to throw it out there for others who might read this.
Also, I did get a slow pass (13.9) when I heated the tires up in the water and then smoked them again in front of the water. All other times I was going AROUND the water which I do on every car I have driven on the strip without slicks and I get better times.
I did this experiment at home.. heat tires up in water. Pull forward. Get out and look for water puddling on the pavement under your tires. If so, you need to heat again after the water on dry pavement after the water. Then look again... if you still have water in the tread of the radials, this might be your problem. So do me a favor and TRY avoiding the water and see how you do next time on your E.T.s
Looking at your collection of cars, you might know all this, but I am just throwing it out there. I have been doing most of my best work at strips.
It may just take practice. oh, and new tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would imagine on the K&N, the gains are so high because they are removing(?) the stock air box. If you think about it, the two stage intake is very cool and all but it *is* also restricted until -what- 3,800rpm? Imagine if it wasn't.
Yes, please keep us posted. I am ordering one soon as this is a good $$$ vs. HP in my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.