Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. I just joined up here to learn more about the ISF. I currently own a 2005 Subaru STI but would eventually like to upgrade to a nicer fast sedan. :)

I heard a lot of magazine testers whine about the ride quality and such. But coming from an daily-driver STI with non-stock suspension, that "harsh" ride quality probably won't be an issue with me. :D And I hear a lot of people moan about the hood bulge, fender vents and the stacked exhaust tips. Again, as an STI owner, I don't find those features tacky at all--I love them. I see them as design for the sake of design...something that is clearly lost on this car's German rivals.

Once I get my college degree and land a stable job I hope I'll be able to put a downpayment on either this or an E90/92 M3.

Hope to learn more from you all!

·
Registered
8 Posts
don't turn to the dark side!

:eek: Stay with us man; we've all heard the siren song of the M's. I test drove an M5 before the F and the thing felt like driving in a coffin.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Hi Nick welcome!

I think the F would be a great progression from your Subaru. Keep it in the "Toyota" family if you will. :D

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Welcome. Come over to our side. Be difference. Just take a ride in an ISF with a good aftermarket exhaust, and you will be hooked (stock is even pretty wicked). Its straight aural intoxication. Having a ton more standard features and torque than the M3 doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome. Come over to our side. Be difference. Just take a ride in an ISF with a good aftermarket exhaust, and you will be hooked (stock is even pretty wicked). Its straight aural intoxication. Having a ton more standard features and torque than the M3 doesn't hurt either.
Thanks for the warm welcome people!

The larger displacement engine and the more standard equipment are certainly alluring but I really wish that Toyota offered a 6-speed manual with the car. The BMW's 50/50 weight distribution and driving dynamics also keep me from choosing the Lexus over it completely.

But I find the BMW ugly in comparison and the interior isn't as nice looking as the Lex. It'll definitely be a tough choice,for me but as of now, the ISF is winning my heart over a bit more. I would have mine in blue, white or silver.

·
Registered
475 Posts
But I find the BMW ugly in comparison and the interior isn't as nice looking as the Lex. It'll definitely be a tough choice,for me but as of now, the ISF is winning my heart over a bit more. I would have mine in blue, white or silver.
Get the blue one with the white leather and silver carbon fiber trims and you have it all!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I agree with the above post. Ultrasonic Blue w/ Alpine leather. Unless you want to buy a STI with a fully built Crawford Performance engine.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I love my IS-F but I have to be honest. I got my butt handed to me by a WRX-STI wagon!!!! I know it was tuned and applaud the car as it was soooo quick. I will say though that the ISF is very quick and its a very well complimented car where as the Subaru is not. On the other hand there is hardly any after-market add ons unlike the WRX which I envy. Its all good, and either M3 or IS-F is comparable. I will agree the looks and interior of the IS-F are much more sinister looking. Nice to have you around and good luck.
Andy

·
Registered
295 Posts
I traded my 07 STI which was remapped and larger exhaust, for the ISF. I always wanted the ISF since I saw its spy shots it was therefore a "programmed" progression for me. On the other hand just last weekend a twin of my STI except that this had a larger turbo driven by a friend went at it flooring the ISF from 2nd gear all the way to the speed limiter. The STi was behind me all the way by just about three cars. All I'm saying is it is hard to beat an STi, value for money.
If you love the Sti, you will love the ISF. Many similar charcteristics. I see the STi as the big brother of the STi, the matured STi.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome! I went with the IS F simply because everyone and their mom drives a M3, I wanted something that was subtle, yet stands out. The IS F was it for me. In Toronto, I've seen more GTRs than I've seen IS Fs haha, I love the exclusivity of this vehicle! :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm going to have to agree with X20A on this one. Besides the two F's my wife and I own I've only seen three others in 2 years. These cars are very limited roughly 7000 have been made to this date for the world. M3's I don't even want to think of how many are out there and it seems like since the GTR came out I've seen two it's probably the area I live but that's besides the point. The GTR isn't a four door car and it's not very practical. As for the M3 it looks like any other BMW 3 series out there until you get up on one and see the exhaust, fender badge or indent in the hood. F's have a unique body style that the normal IS's don't. It's pretty hard to mistake any normal IS for and F. Your can't go wrong with any car in the Toyota line up reliability wise which I can't say for BMW. My family and I have had Lexus's since 1998 and we've never looked back 6 Lexus's later we've never had a problem with them. I hope to see you in an F sometime soon please drop us a pic of whatever you decide to purchase next.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I traded my 07 STI which was remapped and larger exhaust, for the ISF. I always wanted the ISF since I saw its spy shots it was therefore a "programmed" progression for me. On the other hand just last weekend a twin of my STI except that this had a larger turbo driven by a friend went at it flooring the ISF from 2nd gear all the way to the speed limiter. The STi was behind me all the way by just about three cars. All I'm saying is it is hard to beat an STi, value for money.
If you love the Sti, you will love the ISF. Many similar charcteristics. I see the STi as the big brother of the STi, the matured STi.
Alot of ex-STi guys...........:D I feel right at home.

Yes, the STi is great value for the $$$$ in terms of performance. I showed my taillights to a lot of cars.

The interior space, features and the performance in the F is what attracts me to it.

I do agree, you can call it the STi big brother.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts