Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Great News for future MODS

70K views 315 replies 44 participants last post by  F Leader 
#1 ·
Ladies and gentleman I have very good news for us F owners. I was talking to James Evans the owner of JE import perfermance and he is going to start making some aftermarket parts for out cars. He makes custom parts for Hondas, Nissans, and LS1s (that get dropped into 240's mainly). He has one of the best shops on the east coast for import performance. I'm letting him use my car to make a set of headers custom made for our cars. He hopes to make a street and a race application. His headers for the LS1's make 30 whp so hopefully we can see the same numbers. I'm going to keep you guys updated on how this goes and I will provide dyno sheets as well. Let me know if any of you are interested because he wants to make them for production. hopefully there will be more parts to come. let me know of any ideas to relay to him as well.

#3 ·
I know the race one will pass maryland emmissions he wants to make a street version so hopefully the Cali guys can pass:D

#6 ·
I will keep this tread going to keep everyone informed. As I get pics and info I will post it.

#7 ·
I would definitely be interested in a complete street legal race exhaust system within the next year. If JE Import Performance can create a complete system from the headers through the mufflers, that would be ideal. I think it is better when a complete exhaust system is designed to work together instead of piecing different aftermarket parts together and hoping for the best...which I have done many times with varying results.

#11 ·
Thats correct. Hes done work on two of my cars (tuned an 87 turbo supra for me and is currently swapping a 2jzgte into my sc so I can run a lot of boost). Hes an awesome guy if you haven't talked to him before. He can do just about anything when it comes to cars. Did you want to meet up soon. I've been really busy lately but I'm thinking about going to the track this weekend (possibly mason dixon). I'll let you know soon.

#14 ·
Essex Maryland. Which is to the east of Baltimore. Its right off of the beltway (695) on 40.

#15 ·
I'm down for some Race Headers... I'm down in Atlanta though...

#19 ·
Atlanta won't be a problem. James ships stuff all over the place so I know it won't be a problem.

Jin it doesn't matter who wins the race as long as it was fun haha. My cousin is going and he has a SRT 8 challenger. You can beat him and feel really good that you beat a 6 liter hemi. I'm pretty sure we are going on sunday.

#17 ·
Honestly, I don't think it's gonna be much of race for me b/c you got a Intake and exhaust plus since your getting headers..The money I was gonna spend on Mods for the F went up recently on my Commute car..$9K..:eek:
When I get same mods as you then I think we're gonna go neck and neck..:D

#22 ·
No one will ever race me. It sucks I don't understand. I've only been able to full out race bikes really. I raced some bike last night wasn;t sure what it was because it was dark but I know he never pulled on me. We were neck and neck the whole time. I tried to race a vette yesterday but he wouldn't race and when he finally gave a little jump and I hit it and I flew past him and he wouldn't race me after that :confused:. I guess the exhuast scares people I don't know. Oh and like 15 second VW's try to race me :p. Not worth the time. Jin I can't do sunday my brother is coming to my house to work on my bar in my basement with me. Ravens theme!!!!

#24 ·
Jason, be careful racing Vettes b/c 2005-2009s they are light cars stock than F's with higher intake and slighty more Hp..Then when you get into Z06 and ZR1 they're really frightening..I raced few vettes here and there with or without mods on the F, Vettes are fast cars..
BTW No problem, I work anyway..

#23 ·
Tomorrow I go down and talk to James at JE about when he wants to start. I believe he wants to start now so hopefully we will have some headers before too long :D.

#26 ·
Looking forward to seeing these headers matted to our Full Exhaust System!!! :D

Will be much louder once the OEM CATS are gone....

Any talk on how they plan to cure the problems that will occur with the O2 Senors readings???
(Check Engine Lights)

Joe Z

#32 ·
Joe I'm not sure yet since they haven't actually seen the bottom of the car. That is one thing I was thinking about though but I'm sure they will be able to figure something out. I'll let you know what James says about it.

#31 ·
Is your F white? If so I believe my girlfriend has spotted you in columbia a few times.

#28 ·
any update?

#29 · (Edited)
2008 LEXUS ...For Sale

I putting my 2008 ISF up for sale tomorrow it will hit the paper for only $49,900......Here's the best part it only has 1200 miles. It has all options except distronic cruise.
It even has the ipod option order from the factory.
The exterior is silver with black interior. You won't find a more pristine car!
This car is perfect, not a scratch and always kept in an air conditioned garage. I have 9 cars so this one will be sold soon.
I am 67 years old and just bought the car because it is different from the average car.

#30 ·
I'm heading out of my house in few minutes to go drop off my F. I'll keep everyone posted as the process goes on. I leave for the beach next week so hopefully by the time I'm back it will be done and I'll have dyno sheets and all the works for everyone.

#33 ·
I can't wait to see the results. Depending on how it sounds (i.e. no droning while cruising) I might just have to break my commitment to keeping my ISF stock for a while.

#35 ·
I stopped by JE Import Performance yesterday to take a look around. I was definitely impressed after talking to a couple of the guys there. They know their S$#t. I am going to bring my wife's S2000 up there tomorrow to get the coilover ride height and camber angles adjusted (regular shops keep messing it up). I can definitely see them doing a good job with whatever they create for the ISF.

#37 · (Edited)
Jaslapp, I saw your car up on the lift and went on the shop floor to get a good look at the ISF underbody. I talked with James about the headers. He said that the stock ones appear to be very restrictive...almost as if Lexus put them in as an afterthought. I hope this means that some good aftermarket headers will net a decent power increase.

#40 ·
Cool... Did you get to see our exhaust on his is F???

I would say Lexus designed the restrictve manifolds based on power output wanted and space contraints located inside our super tight engine bays..

I agree that there is room for improvement on the header design, which should create some more power on our V8's once, the primary CATs are deleted..

Some good R&D should come out of this, on whether its going to be worth it or not to create headers.

Regards,
Joe Z

#38 ·
i'm ready...

#41 ·
very restrictive sounds great to me :D. Oh man I can't wait till I test drive it soon. It is going to be so loud with no cats and the mighty PTS JOE Z exhaust.

#42 ·
i'm hoping for a 20-30rwhp+ gain...

#46 ·
Thanks for the numbers Joe Z.

Is there any possibility of getting a titanium exhaust...or something lighter than stainless steel? I have a full titanium exhaust on my bike...I imagine it might be very expensive to make a car exhaust with it though...just thought it would be nice to have a power increase combined with considerable weight savings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.