Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the M3, C63 AMG, RS4 and the IS-F, I like the IS-F the best. The only problem I have with the ones on the lot here in Fresno is that it came already equipped with XM Radio so I can't get the iPod Interface Kit, but I'm getting really anxious to have one.

Do you guys think it's worth the wait for the '09s to come out? I'm looking for friendly opinions to help me with my decision. :D

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
When you turn around to sell it later, a low mile 2008 might be better than an average mile 2009. Have the XM disconnected and then add the ipod interface, they use the same jack, so why not?

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have the XM disconnected and then add the ipod interface, they use the same jack, so why not?
Someone told me that the XM was fairly permanent and that it wasn't something I could disconnect by myself. Was I misinformed?

The color I want is the smoky granite mica with black interior. At this point the only thing holding me back is Fresno Lexus doesn't negotiate much which is kind of pushing me towards the M3. I'm gonna be looking around for a california dealer with no XM and with some room to bargain.

Thanks guys, if I find a dealer I want to work with I'll be getting an '08 asap. Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
Bakatora,

Remember the IS-F is already a "Bargain" for what you get compared to others !! If you decide you would like me to ship a car to you just let me know. I can overnight all paperwork and have the car there within a week !!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Black is very sexy, but the lack of a clear coat makes it fragile in dusty conditions (like here in Tucson). You state that you have an Obsidian right now, are you experiencing any problems maintaining the paint, or are you liking the Smokey Granite more?

I am sure that ISChamp will be able to help, and he seems like a class act.:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes it is pretty difficult. Not trusting any of the car washes in the area and the fact that we have hard water, not to mention all the sand and dust lend itself to a handfull to keep up. I love obsidian on this car but miss my amethyst graphite I had on my infiniti G37.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts