Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
Here is something you might consider, it's from Swift Motorsports. It's a motorized hidden license plate holder. The good thing is that you don't have to put holes in your bumper.. the bad thing.. it cost $150.

Check it out on there website at swiftmotorsports.com
Has anyone seen this installed yet? I have seen the non-motorized on a Viper. My concern is that with the Tien springs the license plate will scrape the road a lot. I was looking for one that opens down instead of up and try to figure a way to mount it just below the bumper (kinda behind the mesh) so that when it opens it goes in front of the lower mesh. This way the mount could be set back a little bit and won't be as visible when it is in the hidden position. The one I saw on the Viper, when it is in the hidden position part of the mount is still visible and looks tacky IMO, but i guess it is better than the plate being on.

Ideas??? or am i just out of my mind? I don't like having my plate on, but the cops around here have nothing better to do but pull ya over for a front plate missing.

thanks

·
LexusF.com SPAM Police
689 Posts
Just got pulled over this morning for this! I guess I spoke too soon, lol! The deputy warned me about my missing front plate and my tints, but he let me go with a warning after seeing my badge (I guess it has it's use afte all). He said, "Is your car fast? I think it is." Is it really the missing plates, or does he only want to take a closer look at the car? Hmmm, now I'm debating on putting the darn thing on...
Glad to hear you didn't get written. It's a tough decision, I know I struggled with it for a while before I put mine on. I'm still looking for a motorized option that would work. If I find it I will post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.