Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Damn it. I just bought the 9500ix. wish i had it before. A Friend of mine said he had his last one changed to community service. IS this possible
You ain't getting community service LMAO, just send in the ticket with the fine, and plead "NOT GUILTY", They will assign you a court date. On that date go in to court and simple ask for the "Mercy of the courts" i.e. leniency. The judge will likely reduce the speed, or assign you a "non moving" violation. Meaning you will NOT get any points, thereby affecting your insurance rates. Do NOT go into court like some dumb A Z Z and think you are going to play Sherlock Holmes, and do the whole me versus him thing, YOU will loose that battle EVERY TIME! The attitude of "the officer is right", I was speeding and was simply NOT paying attention, please help with the points "Your Honor" will get you far in this game, remember all they really want is the fine, not to screw up your life.
As a side note gentleman and ladies, the side of the highway is NOT the place to argue your "self believed" innocence, simply say and do exactly as the officer asks, do NOT argue, or be ignorant!, this will only cost YOU money! Remember most officers earn overtime pay to go to court, you are only making their extra dollars earned even MORE enjoyable by pissing them off! The proper procedure to follow when pulled over is such, 1a. Pull over as soon as safely possible in a area which is safe for the officer to exit his vehicle, (HINT, a large berm on the side will do or a near buy parking lot would be nice. 1b. if it is dark out turn on the interior lights. 2. Keep your hands on the wheel where the officer can see them, (do NOT start jumping around the car scrambling for your misplaced registration and or insurance cards!, you will IMMEDIATELY make the officer nervous! a nervous man with a GUN is a BAD THING!. 3. The officer will say good evening Miss or Sir may I please see your paper work and license, they may even ask you if YOU know why they stopped you? (HINT, this is NOT a trick question, and you would do well to be honest here.) if you do know the reason, A simple "No Officer I do not." or "Yes Officer I do, I apologize, I simply was NOT paying as close attention to my speed as I should have been." will suffice. (you would be VERY surprised at the results when a little "common courtesy" is used when addressing the officer.:D When the officer is done with his job (which is running your information, making sure you are NOT a wanted criminal, and you are whom you say you are, and that your paper work is valid) he will return with your information, and have you possibly sign the citation, or more than likely (if you were a "well mannered" individual) warning slip, You and he both will be safely on your way. I can NOT tell you how many hot heads get re-pulled over because after their verbal onslaught went tearing off without using their signal, and or shooting the officer with dirt and rocks only resulting in being more pissed off because the get cited for "reckless driving" and "failure to signal". All of which will stick in court, and NONE of which will be overturned via the judge. I hope this helps in this matter, and all your future endeavors.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.