Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

First long distance trip in my F...

10K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  BigMikeISF 
#1 · (Edited)
and got great gas mileage on the way up. I averaged roughly 23mpg mixed city/hwy driving from LA to SF. I achieved about the same on an 08 IS F Smoky Granite that I borrowed during Thanksgiving weekend.

Here are some pics I took during my back up this past weekend for Christmas. I didn't get to take a lot of pics, but here's some that I got to take on Sunday before the drive home. This is the reason why my IS F now has about 2700 miles.

See less See more
#6 ·
Damn those are awesome shots! Looks like you had some fun! I didn't know you were also a photographer. Is it a side hobby? :) If you averaged 23 mpg then you weren't driving fast enough. Pick it up, gosh :p

#10 ·
Thanks guys. SF is my hometown so these spots are my favorite places to go. I did take my car through the city, down Lombard and etc, but of course I didn't have the camera in the car with me. I take trips up there often, so don't be surprised to see more SF Bay Area pics in the future. I drive to NorCal and back so many times, which is why my just over 1 year old 07 GS had about 24K miles on it before I got my F.

Yeah, the photography i've dabbled with since middle school. I was the photo editor for my high school yearbook and i've always had an affinity for photography. I was die hard Nikon in the 35mm SLR days, now I converted to Canon with the digital world. I do it more for fun than anything. I hate to post process, so I leave the pics as how I take it.

As for the NOTICE sticker, that will stay on until I decide to put my plates on....if ever. It will probably bug most of you but I still have the blue protective film on the gas pedal and the airbag warning label hanging off the glovebox door. :p

#15 ·
As for the NOTICE sticker, that will stay on until I decide to put my plates on....if ever. It will probably bug most of you but I still have the blue protective film on the gas pedal and the airbag warning label hanging off the glovebox door. :p
Ahhh...a true filipino. :D Did you leave the ones on the door sills too? You should see my mom's '08 RX400h. The sills still have their plastic. Plus she's got bubblewrap over the floor and cargo mats lol. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the purchase bro. I'll be joining you guys with my own within a few months.

#19 · (Edited)
Originally posted by Bulls23337 >
Yes, that is correct. I'm graduating finally this March and I already have my job lined up so I hope to have the car by the end of March. I special ordered and put a deposit down in June of last year for a USB w/ alpine, loaded. I thought I would have be done in December but I had two classes more they found I had to take.
I knew it! It takes one to know one, i guess. :) I'm sure you just can't wait to get your hands on it. That's the best graduation gift IMO!

#30 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.