Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have some experience with winter driving my F but with some Bridgestone re-11's. While these are excellent tires, they are absolutely awful in the snow. We don't get that much snow out here in Seattle area to warrant dedicated snow tires.

I noticed your picture and it looks like HWY 55 is that right? Just asking because I was born and raised in MN and drove that road many many times.

GO VIKES!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I miss the big snow days in MN. I remember the 91 snowstorm and love the snowfall. If I were to move back to MN then I would have to consider selling the F. Lets hope that I am able to keep her and get another vehicle to drive in the snow by that time.

Actually I can see the highway sign and make out a 55. other than that I can't tell what is what. I am in the army and have not lived in MN since 03.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am rolling on Continental DWS tires, which are not dedicated winter tires like the Blizzaks. They have done reasonably well in light snow though. Last week I was unfortunate enough to be in Virginia when it snowed a few inches unexpectedly. It was the worst traffic I have ever seen, and it took me 8 hours to drive home 50 miles bumper to bumper.

The ISF does well in the snow except starting on steep hills...and creeping forward in the snow in a bumper to bumper traffic jam. The front brakes seem to hurt the slow speed snow performance. When I would stop, the front brakes would lock at 1 mph and the car would slide forward and a little to the side a foot or so. When starting up again I had to abruptly let off the brake, not gently let off...otherwise the front brake still had a little pressure on it and the rear end would start to push the car sideways at idle.

I was considering getting those tires as my replacements when my Bridgstone's wear out. How do you like them for all other type of driving? Wet, dry and cornering? As compared to a higher performance summer tire.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.