Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I went with a snow tire package for my F, which I guess should end up extending the wear on my summer tires. We don't get tons of snow here, but my previous experience with rwd and a/s tires in my 93 525i was less than successful. I got stuck in a parking spot once :mad:

Hopefully with traction and stability control, you will get along okay with the all season tires.

Good luck!

Jeff
08 Smoky Granite Mica IS-F

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
I wouldn't want to use my OEM rims as winter rims, unless I purchase a set of summer rims that would be more expensive than the OEMs, so probably I'd just buy a set of relatively 'garbage' rims that look decent and slap the winters on that. I was thinking the exact same tire though, the Blizzak LM-25s, but I'm tempted to get them in a size smaller, in 18s, so that there's more bite in the winter with a thinner contact patch as well.
I got a set of MSW rims ($126/ea) and LM-25s in 225/45/18 all around. It has worked pretty well so far, it certainly does as well or slightly better than my 04 TL with all season tires. The ride is slightly better too with the bigger sidewalls. I'm sure handling is a lot worse, but I don't really want to push it with the snow tires anyway :)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Would 255s in the rear be better? Or just go 225 all around for better bite in the rear tires? Just that with 225s in the back, the car would look kinda weird. But I guess functionality over looks, haha.
Usually narrower tires do better in the snow, AFAIK. This is the package that was recommended for the IS-F.

I suppose it would look better with the wider tires, but I decided to go with the recommended package for maximum winter performance.

Good luck,

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.