Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

Eibach Pro Kit for IS-F

16K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  BigMikeISF 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
If your referring to ride wise, I don't think anybody has them yet. This is the first I've heard of them being out on the market. As for height wise, a drop of 0.7 in the front and 0.3 in the rear.

Eibach's are known to run more stiff (I've had two sets on both my previous vehicles) then other springs on the market. Its going to be interesting to see who gets them and not only how they look but how they feel :cool:

I'm personally going to wait until after SEMA to see if there is a coilover set that is released

#7 ·
8k? Where on earth did you get that price? I think your looking at the part number.

The kit varies in price with the lowest I found being $231.00

#9 ·
Good question. For the amount of lowering that this spring set appears to offer, I don't think they will shorten the life of the factory shocks much at all. You will loose some shock travel though, probably will require trimming the bump stops a little. The pro-kit from Eibach in my experience offers a better look and a slightly stiffer ride for most cars. Also better handling on the street. This is not a spring set I would use if I were looking to make it perform better for autocross or track time. The factory shocks are built and valved to work with the springs on the car from the factory. If you are looking for more serious performance keep an eye out for a coil-over set up with matching springs from a reputable manufacturer.

(sidenote: In my previous life I distributed Eibach springs and Koni shocks for 10 years;) )

#11 ·
If you really want to mess with a suspension, put a coil over kit on it. Plan on re-aligning it every time you change the height of the car. Don't get me wrong, coil over kits are the sheot. Not so practical for every day driving though. Great if you track the car 3 or 4 times a year. The kit for the IS-F from Eibach is a PRO-KIT. It lowers the IS-F .7" in the front and .3" in the rear. Not enough to justify camber kits and what not. The ride will still be decent as well. The SPORT-LINE kits that Eibach make are the ones that dump cars in the weeds and cause all kinds of other issues. They aren't making the SPORT-LINE kit for the IS-F. Not everyone will want to spend 1500.00$ - 3000.00$ on coil overs.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I respect your opinion and input and appreciate your insight, but a couple things I would like to touch on. You stated that for the money the Eibach setup can't be beat but why would that be an issue for people spending $60,000 and up for a high end performance sports car? We are talking about ride quality here, not what tire shine product is the best for your 19 inch rollers. And your desire to have better cornering when altering suspension wreaks of "captain obvious". Isn't that why one would upgrade suspension, to improve cornering ability? I will not endorse Eibach and in my opinion hold KW, Tein, and Tokico as better options.
To answer the question you speak of. The ride quality is AWESOME, and I think I have put more miles on my IS F lowered to know in all aspects. It is great on the highway, street, whatever. When you look at a suspension for your car it is ride quality, and handling, that is why you consider this type of upgrade. Well, no shit, I was just saying I put it hard into the corners and it responsed like I wanted to see. Not all spring companies can say that. I used TEIN springs on a couple of projects and they didn't respond like these Eibachs did in the corner. I seriously test a product because I drive my cars hard as they should be driven in my opponion. The TEIN springs I just used where in my 08 Altima Coupe Turbo and it was soft in the corners, not to impressive to say the least.

KW, TEIN, B&G Coilovers are BAD ASS, I know first hands in other applications. The Eibach coilovers really are not in the same league as those guys. But those are coilovers and in a different league then just a spring. My camber is perfect so I'm happy with the end result with EIBACH springs. Tokico is just a shock company and doesn't make a spring product so I can't compare them in this instant with the IS F. At the end of the day, it is all personal perference isn't it?

#15 · (Edited)
Well there aren't many options out there for suspension on the IS F at this time. The Tein coilover setups on the other project cars are prototype parts.

I have had Tein and Eibach components on my Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Tein CS for both my 04 IS300 and 07 GS350, Eibach Pro Kit for my 99 Solara SE V6 (w/Tokico struts) and 04 IS300 (Eibach/Bilstein). I really don't have anything bad to say about both. Both spring/shock and coilover setups have their pros and cons.

The biggest thing I dislike about my Tein coilovers, they developed a knocking sound after a couple thousand miles on my IS. Also, the shocks have to be rebuilt after a certain period of time. If I recall correctly, Tein recommends somewhere in the area of 20-30k. The Eibach Pro Kit is a great bang for the buck and they work very well with Lexus oem shocks. The drops are not that agressive and the spring rates are just right.

As far as Eibach, it is a German company but the US headquarters are based here in SoCal. Corona, CA to be exact, only a few blocks away from where i'm currently sitting now and a few blocks away from West Coast Customs :D.

#17 ·
can someone post pics of what the car looks like with the springs installed? been thinking of getting them myself as the "gap" in the front is starting to annoy me.. hah

#18 ·
you might also want to look into JIC coilovers that come out on the market for the F not to long ago :cool:

#20 ·
just tried calling around to order.... my friend owns a customization shop and he told me that they are on backorder until end of january 2009. anyone here have any hookups where i might be able to get them now?

#21 ·
I've heard this from 3 or four other people as well. Did you try tirerack.com?

#22 ·
thanks bigmike for the tirerack.com suggestion... just went there and picked up the last one in stock! can't wait, should have them installed by the end of this week unless they tell me they made a mistake and they don't actually have it in stock.

#23 ·
No worries! :cool: Hopefully they won't do that to you, that would suck. Post up pics once you get them on so we can see how they look :D

#25 ·
oh, another thing... called couple shops and they wanted to charge $300 for the springs... tirerack.com had them for around $240... just in case others were looking

#27 ·
Would you know if there is a front lip spoiler around for the ISF? I noticed some lift sensation going on when I drove it to its limit ( I saw the needle at almost 280). I think it's a question of aero dynamics. I never got this in the Subaru running at th same speed. Is it the AWD which adds traction in front? The huge spoilers at the rear help a lot too.

#29 ·
There are two front lip spoilers out for the F right now. Lexon and Autocouture make them. Your the first person to mention lift in the front of the car, interesting

#30 ·
Hi everyone,can someone put up some pix with the eibach spring on the car please,i see lots of people are happy with them,but my main concern is (o.7'' front and 0.3'' rear) how does it look.The front fender gap bother me lil.can someone help me on this one,i am hesitating between tein and eibach,tein offer you more drop(about 1''front and 0.6''rear) but i am currently runnin on 20x11 rear i am affraid it would rub even more then now(fender have been shave),that's why i want to go with eibach it drop less but i want the front fender gap out.Coilover not an option for me i ride my car everyday, plus coilover not cheap as well.if someone can provide me pix with eibach already on the car it would help me so much.thanx in advance

#31 ·
The black IS-F has the Eibach springs installed. The white one is stock as well as my silver one. Don't know if you can really see the difference as those are night pics but it does give you a comparison

#32 ·
Many thanx bigmike for your help,sorry disturb you a lil again any side shot of of that black car both tire front and rear.Since you know alots does it change anything on the ride if i decide to put tein spring in front and keep my stock on the rear??i am so positive if i do put the rear spring(tein) it will rub 100%,what i see right now from the rim i got i have like 0.7''max for shure(my tire size is 295/25/20.If once installed the spring and i can't even put my finger between fender and tired i am looking only for trouble(police will pull me over everytimes)i really dont want any trouble since it is my everyday car.what do you suggest me tein or eibach???and by the way what do you have??you are lower the other, coilover???

#33 ·
According to the Tein website, their springs only drop the car 0.6" in the back and 1" in the front. The Eibach springs only drop the car 0.3" in the back and 0.7" in the front. If your concerned about rubbing and don't want to go with coilovers, then I would personally get the Eibach set (it is also cheaper). The decision is ultimately up to you. Do you have any pictures of your F? I didn't even know Tein had a spring set for the F out until recently. I haven't heard anything about them but I have driven in cars with the Eibach springs.

I don't have any more pictures of the black IS-F, that was a little while back and he and I haven't taken any more pictures together in a while. I do not have anything done to my suspension. The reason my car looks lower is because I have a front lip on it :cool:

#37 ·
Write down the drop rates of the springs that you can find on their respective websites and then take a tape measure or ruler and go out and measure how much each respective set will drop the car. If it's not enough for your liking, then go with coils. There is quite a price difference between springs and coils though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.