Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

ECU Upgrade Kit

17K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  gearbanger 
#1 ·
I know I am going to get beat up for this... Here is the question. Has anyone heard about this? Good idea or bad... I currently have done Air Intake, Sikky headers, and Joe Z exhaust....

Here is the description:

JET PERFORMANCE IMPORT ECU UPGRADE KIT -- This upgrade kit requires your ECU to be sent to Jet Performance laboratory and provides you with all the required materials to safely send your vehicle computer to Jet's lab for a high performance software upgrade; Also included with this purchase is next day return shipping, however, uou are responsible for sending out the computer via a carrier of your choice; Since import computers do not have computer chips that are easily removed, Jet engineers need to either reprogram your vehicle's existing chip or remove and replace the chip by desoldering it from the circuit board; Once received, the ECU will be programmed according to the information you provide for optimized performance and mileage to match your specific modifications; Jet's exclusive Dynamic Spectrum Tuning provides optimal performance across the entire power band and not just at full throttle; The programming includes extensive modification to air/fuel ratios, ignition advance. Jet receives the computer in their facility by 12:00 pm PST, return shipping will be done the same day via overnight service. Product Fit: Direct fit

Quantity Sold: Kit
Anticipated Ship Out Time: 1-2 business days

This product fits the following Lexus IS F submodels
2008-2011: All Submodels; All Engines;

See less See more
#2 ·
My money says that JET PERFORMANCE won't be able to tune the ISF ecu adequately, IF at all.

#4 ·
Bet they can't do it.

#7 · (Edited)
They have nothing for the ISF, although even if I had an IS-250 I wouldn't install their garbage on my car.

Besides, on an NA engine, ECU tuning will not gain you much if at all, 15 hp tops............

If you want to play with ECU tuning, you need BOOST, something like an E55 AMG, a 335i, an M1, Supra, Evo, STi, that's where ECU tuning and dyno tuning really starts to make a big difference.

#8 ·
^^I am trying to say this as respectfully as possible but you have little knowledge of tuning and have no idea what you're talking about. Please read about overcam engines with variable cam tuning. You are shutting down any attempts at a tuning solution.

wlenn, can you get me a pic of the inside of your ECU so I can send it to Ecutek? Im working with them to develop a REAL tuning solution in the form of a reflash software.

Do not buy the jet chip, its ebay crap

#11 · (Edited)
^^I am trying to say this as respectfully as possible but you have little knowledge of tuning and have no idea what you're talking about. Please read about overcam engines with variable cam tuning. You are shutting down any attempts at a tuning solution.
No offense taken. :rolleyes:

My last car was a 2004 STi Stage 2 (Cobb) pro-tuned by GST Motorsports.

Looking forward to see your completed project and how much power you are able to extract from a 2URGSE engine with ECU tuning (No boost, no nitrous).

Let me be perfectly clear, if you can squeeze 60 crank horsepower and 80-90 lbs-ft of torque out of a stock ISF, RELIABLY, and for under $600, I will be standing inline to get it installed and bring you whatever case of beer you want.

I've never seen an NA car gets such gains from ECU tuning without forced induction or BIGGER CUBES (bigger engine), please prove me wrong.

#9 ·
JET PERFORMANCE STAGE 2 POWER CONTROL MODULE -- Adds up to 25 h.p.; Improves throttle response, acceleration and low end torque; Allows you to gain maximum performance from point by point air/fuel ratio, ignition advance and various other tuning points; Features dynamic spectrum tuning that provides power gains across the entire power band not just at full throttle; Designed for performance enthusiast; Offers more aggressive programming to make the most horsepower and torque available; Its fuel and timing curves are extensively modified for peak performance and drivability; Requires use of 91 octane fuel, 180 degree thermostat and free flow exhaust; Works well with aftermarket intake systems, mass air sensors and TBI spacers; Easy plug-in installation; With Jet Performance limited warranty.

#10 ·
Not sure what you are trying to say here. This is their standard PR stuff and does not mean it works with any specific vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.