Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around the forums and everyone keeps saying the ECU can't be cracked and so on, but I have a hard time believing this and was curious to know if there were any updates on these claims/information regarding a tune for the F. Thanks always

·
Registered
48 Posts
Toyota is probably tight on their ECUs to keep their good reliability track-record intact. Even if it's the customer's fault for screwing up the tune and blowing the engine...a Toyota in the shop is a Toyota in the shop.

But with so few ISFs on the road, plus factoring in how many of those would want to mod or change their tune...that's a really small number of potential customers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But with so few ISFs on the road, plus factoring in how many of those would want to mod or change their tune...that's a really small number of potential customers.
Only thing I would say to this would be that I would think more companies would have released more products because of the ISF being around since 2008. Sure it hasn't been around for a few decades like the M3 but still. I just believe there should be much more aftermarket options for this car than there are...Will have to just deal with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do they make the ECU hard to crack because they don't want people tuning their cars? It seems strange.

Chris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Have a point there, I just never understood why it is so difficult to tune it
Even if you found a way to crack the codes, etc. and tune the ECU, you won't gain that much power by tuning a naturally aspirated engine.

ECU tuning really helps if you turbocharger/supercharge an engine, or if you have such vehicle from the factory.

If you want a car to tune and make more power with, get a Subaru STi or a Mitsubishi Evo or a Nissan GTR.

·
Registered
40 Posts
^^^Well, even Greddy tried to supercharge this thing and nothing good came out of it doe to lack of tuning for the sc to work right.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Somebody needs to drop a used LFA engine into an F.
LOL somebody needs to hire me and offer me a 7 figure income and I will try it. Any takers?????
Andy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys this is Byron . I had the pleasure of taking a hot lap in the LFA at the Dallas Motor Speed way this weekend.That car is Bad A

1 - 12 of 12 Posts