ADDED dynojet results 5th and 6th gear pulls. 6th netted slightly higher peak

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see the vid and results

·
Banned
109 Posts
No doubt....anxious to see torque curve and if it really does fall off at 5,000 rpms :confused:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dynopak chassis dyno- bolts to the hub
6 pulls , 2 in each 5th, 4th, 3rd with 20HP difference in each.
peaked at 341 in 3rd, second gear was nearly identical.
Also note I am at 5300 ft roughy.

I also got some pics of the multilink rear suspension. This would be really tough to resolve for a simple camber kit....talk about a link matrix.

Fig

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Dang does that multilink suspension look intense! Also, look at the serious torque drop off at about 5300 RPM's :eek:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah, cant even imagine the little bitty torque an M3 would have considering it's not much to begin with.

·
Banned
109 Posts
Yeah, cant even imagine the little bitty torque an M3 would have considering it's not much to begin with.

Actually Smoke you're wrong. New M3 despite having less torque than the IS-F has an extremely flat curve and holds the torque all the way through to redline and is an extremely well built motor. And the torque comes on quickly as well. Interesting to note, only a 15% drivetrain loss on this dyno run below!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102981

·
Registered
258 Posts
Your right buddy (thecatch83) never knew that. Pretty impressive considering how low it is to begin with!! Thanx,,, love the new avatar :D
mmmm, that banana looks good :p

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Your right buddy (thecatch83) never knew that. Pretty impressive considering how low it is to begin with!! Thanx,,, love the new avatar :D
mmmm, that banana looks good :p
There's a banana in his avatar? No way :p

·
Banned
109 Posts
Word to the banana!

Did you guys notice that link I posted said someone ran a 370 hp run on a dyno with the new M3? I don't know about that, but I know that 330-340 sounds too low for the IS-F. The car feels faster and the new M3 put out 350 hp....interesting :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey Fig 341whp to me that number sounds to low, maybe the 5300 ft elevation lowered the numbers. I wonder at sea level where the hp numbers would be? As catch said M3 getting about 350whp, maybe its dur to the 6 speed...

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be doing a dynojet run Tues for comparo.

Fig

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.