Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
All in all I was happy with the oil change and it went smoothly with minimal mess. I hope this helps other IS-F owners who were contemplating this task. Please feel free to ask any more specific questions.:cool:
Thank you for the details, RiotGrip! I plan to do this task myself in the future. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
isflojo, If you don't have the jack, ramps and tools needed you can ask your dealer if you can bring the oil of your choice and then just pay them for labor/filter to change it....

For ex, 10 qts of Mobil 1 synthetic is 44.00 at walmart (dino oil cheaper of course)...a dealer close to me quoted me around 35.00 to change it if I brought the oil to them. So, like 80.00 per oil change using synthetic...
Thanks mondo540. Will do. $80 per oil change is not far from what I pay the dealership to do my Highlander ($70), but then it would still be cheaper in the long run if I had the tools and do it myself. If I'm not mistaken, it costs about $180 for an oil change for the IS-F at the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.