Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
XL = Extra Load. In any size an F owner would be interested in the Continental Extreme DW does indeed come with the XL rating. As far as steering response and grip/traction go, I can only go from my own experiences and say (in my plus size installation) and say that the DW is superior to the PS2 in these categories as well as in handling.

Lou

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
^
Tire size 285/30-19 will perform best on rim that has a width from 9.5" to 10.5". Tire size 275/30-19 will perform best on a rim that has a width from 9.0" to 10".
I disagree, as I have in the past with your recommendation. I am running the 285/30/19 Continental DW on the back, and the tire puts down a contact patch that covers the full width of the tread. (see picts attached). There is no tire bulge and the handling is greatly improved over the stock PS2s. IMO, the 275/30/19 is too short vs the stock 255/35 tire. A 295/30 would be the correct tire OD, but IMO, would be too wide for the stock wheel. As I explained to you before, I had my tires installed by a Discount Tire store, and all this was discussed with store management, and they agree with me. I know the tire makers don't recommend this installation, but take it from someone with experience, it works and there is no downside.

Lou

Attachments

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
This is probably a stupid question, but are the 2011 stock wheels the same sizes as the previous ISF's ('08-'10) wheels? Also, would your experience with the Conti's in the 285 width tires in the rear vs. the stock tire 255 width (ie. improved performance) be directly applicable to the PSS's... or since they are different tires (but come in the same size) would they fit and or possibly have worse performance than the smaller 275 tire recommended by the direct tire rep? As always.. .TIA!! ;) (I'm seriously considering getting of rid of my Potenzas that only have 3500 miles on them for the PSS's and if I'm understanding all the posts right, it seems that wider is generally better for performance (to a point obviously). LOL (you also say there is "no downside", but is there any theoretical or possibly observable downside to going with the 285 and 255 combo compared to the stock sizes??? I'm sorry for my newbie questions.....
Yes the specifications for the late stock wheels, width, offset are the same as the earlier wheels. They're even made by the same manufacturer, BBS.

For some unknown reason, Michelin does not make a performance non-runflat tire (none, nada) in the 285/30/19 size. I don't understand it:confused: And yes, I have found absolutely no downside with the 245/285 combo.

Some of our members have had good luck running the 245/275 combo. But, IMHO, the 275/30/19 is just a wee bit small in OD, but, that's just me. Again, IMHO, using a 255/35/19 on the front would be pushing it. It probably will work, but from my research, which was mostly just visual, I wouldn't do it.

Lou

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
^^^^As I said, some members have had good luck with the 275s. The difference in OD between the three sizes is very small:

255/35/19 - 26" - stock size in PS2 or PSS
275/30/19 - 25.6" - for the PSS and 25.5" for the DW
285/30/19 - 25.7" - for the DW

Pretty small. You probably wouldn't notice the difference. All will work for you. Good Luck. Speedometer error is very very small.

Lou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.