Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should I buy a Demo IS-F?

Hey all, new here, and actually new to high performance cars...

I'm just curious if there are reasons to avoid buying a demo IS-F or not, say with 1k to 3k miles on it. Ultimately it boils down to price diff between new & demo, but I'm not sure if it's possible to trash the F engine easier than a normal engine with say 200 ponies without proper break in.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the site! Do you have more information on the F demo that your looking at? Where is it from?

Lexus' are known for their reliability and quality over time. If your looking at a demo car I would purchase the extended warranty and push the dealership to throw it in at no cost to you. People have driven their F's hard right out of the dealership lot and with no reported problems. I would definitely take the car out and drive it as well as visually inspect it (inside leather, exterior paint, engine bay, etc.) before purchasing.

Good luck with your search :cool:

·
Registered
126 Posts
ya, how much they offering the demo for?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone thanks for the great responses.

I'm actually from Canada. Our MSRP is higher than USA. I don't know how much discounts you folks are getting down south but I just saw Lexus Canada is giving $7k cash credit on the 2008 IS-F, which is definitely tempting. :)

I haven't really scanned dealer inventory yet. Based on the $7k credit I would assume a demo would be even cheaper, say $10k minimum.

Not sure if this is a valid logic, but I just assumed a demo car would be driven much worse & pushed to the limits by hundreds of test drivers vs a lightly used car with the same mileage where the 1st owner probably would have pampered it more.

Does the IS-F engine have a break in period by any chance?

Cheers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey there sulfur, fellow Canuck here.

I would have no hesitation buying a demo. As mentioned, Lexus reliability is unsurpassed! Sure the cars are driven hard when out on a demo but the car was made for it! I'm not sure what others experiences are regarding test driving the car but my salesrep was with me the whole time, I doubt he'd let me truly abuse the car.
If you think its a great deal, go for it!! just my two cents..

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Sulfur, the suggested break in period is 621 or 631 miles I believe, can't remember which one :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts