Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner

CTS-V owner trading for IS-F

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Bpower 
#1 ·
Hey folks, I have a 2006 CTS-V that I will be getting rid of in the future and I'm wanting to know some info on what you guys here think about the isf. I'm mainly looking for any known problem areas or anything I should be aware of. I'm looking for a 2008 or preferably a 2009 IS F. Not sure about price range, just something with relatively low miles.

#4 ·
Whats the concern with the CTS-V? Thats one monster car power wise. The IS-F isn't close with regrads to the brute force of the CTS-V but the build quality etc is a whole lot better. I thought about trading my F in for one but just cant get past the build quality, although 556 hp might help me decide :)

#6 ·
Well you'll be trading in a depreciating beast for something incredibly reliable, holds value well and a joy to drive. Brakes and tires are high performance, expect to pay up for these. Not much else to expect with this car, it's bullet proof. Not many mods available for the IS-F, but it has more than enough power. I moved on from an IS-F to an S5 and then to an R8 but I still miss it very much.

#9 ·
I think the biggest differences between the CTS-V and IS-F are power and ergonomics/styling. But the F is no slouch in the power department either.

I think you'll be plenty pleased with the F, no question. As for issues...there aren't many to keep an eye out for. You get Toyota reliability!

#10 ·
Guys, the car he has is an 06, there is no brute force power. This car isnt supercharged so the ISF is faster and has more power.

Here are the specs I copied from TopSpeed:
The four-door, rear-wheel drive CTS-V now uses the overhead valve 6.0L V-8 LS2 engine (replacing the LS6) producing the same 400 horsepower (298 kw) and 395 lb.-ft. (536 Nm) of torque. Acceleration figures include 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds with a top speed of 163 mph (262 km). The quarter mile is achieved in 13.1 seconds at 109 mph.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.