Lexus ISF / IS-F / LFA / LF-A  Forum banner
1 - 2 of 74 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, Hope Lexus is Listening!!

I was about to pick up a 2010 ISF today and then read this thread! Who in their right mind thinks that 8600 miles is normal brake pad wear? How did Car and Driver magazine manage to flog a car for a year put almost put 40K miles on the car before it needed front pads?? 8600 miles for that matter 15000 miles sounds insane!! and the repair costs!! I called 3 seperate service depts. and every one had a different price from $1100 to $1700 for a Front brake job. Why would ANYONE think this is normal and why do the Lexus service reps seem to go along with it being normal. Your all Insane!
I was about to sign a 3 year lease which would mean 3 brake jobs according to most of the people in this thread! This thread was enough to make consider another vehicle BRAND altogether.
Good Luck at the Lexus Dealer! and doing the brakes yourself is Hardly Any Consilation! Lexus should face it has a Problem with the brakes on this Car!!! plain and simple!!

· Registered
4 Posts
Direct quote from Lexus

High-friction brakes are standard equipment for the front brakes only and require periodic inspection and measurement as outlined in the Warranty and Services Guide. The pads and rotors are expected to experience greater wear than conventional brakes. Pad life "may" be less than 20,000 miles, and brake rotor life may be less than 50,000 miles depending on driving conditions.

So WHY are Babied vehicles needing brake pads and ROTORS at 8000 to 10000 miles?

1 - 2 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.